Celebrating Thanksgiving by something sweet is great and chocolate pecan pie becomes great recommendation to try. It is not too difficult to make and you will not find big problems in the process. In order to get the best results of dish, you can follow these ingredients and cooking instructions.
- 2-4 tablespoons ice water, based on the need
- 1¼ (150 grams) cups all-purpose flour, more is better for dusting the crust
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, preferably the butter with high fat, chilled and cubed
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
For the Filling
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1½ (170 grams) cups pecan halves
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup (100 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 2 ounces (56 grams) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (5 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup dark corn syrup
- Get ready to make the crust.
- Prepare a food processor. Add the flour and salt and pulse them together.
- Add butter and pulse them again to get the good mixture. Add the ice water in several batches. Pulse them and make the dough come together.
- After that, move the moist dough from the food processor.
- Get a flat surface and pour some flour on it. Then, flatten the dough to form a disk.
- Cover the disked dough by using plastic wrap. Refrigerate it at least for 1 hour.
- After refrigerated, on the floured surface, roll the dough to become 12-inch circle.
- Then, move the crust to the 9-inch pie plate. Fold the excess dough and crimp the edges.
- Chill the crust for 30 minutes.
- While waiting for the crust dough, preheat your oven to reach 375 degrees.
- Get aluminum foil bake the crust for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake again to get golden color on the surface. It takes around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Get a rimmed baking sheet. Spread the pecans and toast them for around 8 minutes. Do not forget to shake the pan several times.
- Then, get a saucepan and melt the butter and chocolate. After that, cool the mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chocolate-butter mixture, cocoa powder, corn syrup, bourbon, salt, sugar, eggs. Mix them together.
- Pour the mixture to the crust. Do not forget to add the pecans.
- Bake the crust and its filling for around 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool, and serve the crust.
As what you can see in the recipes, there are many ingredients to make the chocolate pecan pie. However, they are already separated into two sections, so it will not become big problems in the measurement of ingredient.
Then, you will also find these steps are easy to follow. Although you have long process for the chocolate pecan pie, each detail is already explained and it does not require special skills in cooking. As long as you pay attention to the details, things can be easy.
In serving the dish, you may have some additional toppings. Good drinks may also be chosen to balance its sweet taste. Surely, it is good dish to try and the chocolate pecan pie can be for 8 servings, so this is enough for your family.