Several Easter dinner ideas are ready with various recipes. One of recommended choices is ham with honey-glazed recipe. For your information, ham has been steady food during Easter, especially for dinner. Each country has its own recipes with ham as the main ingredients. You might think ham is not appropriate choice for beginners. On contrary, cooked ham is easy to find at store, and your job is to make it taste better. The next section will show how to cook this recipe properly.
- 8 pound cooked ham, or more
- 2 tbsps. orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4-12 tsp. ground cloves
- 1-2 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract, optional
- Prepare small bowl to put cinnamon, cloves, orange juice, and honey. Mix and stir them then add almond extract.
- Preheat oven at 165 C or 325 F.
- Prepare roasting pan and clean it. Put ham in pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove ham for a moment and pour honey mixture to cover ham surface. You can use brush and swept honey directly.
- Bake again until ham becomes tender at 140 C. The baking time is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- If necessary, baste honey several time in each 30 minutes for better flavor
Well, cooked ham is the reason why this recipe becomes possible thing to do. You do not need to prepare from raw material. In fact, some stores have special ham with different taste. Of course, you are free to pick anything you like. The recipe uses 8 pound ham, and you can add more if cooking for big dinner.
Most Easter dinner ideas using ham do not have strict rule regarding the size. You can keep ham with the same size as you buy without slicing or cutting it. If the size is too big, it is better to slice or cut into mouth pieces. People don’t have issue when swallowing. Of course, this is not mandatory thing to do. Most people also enjoy slice cooked ham after cooking is done. For children, that activity might not be good way, and parents should help them properly.
After the ham is done, the rest ingredients are easy to find. Cinnamon, cloves, orange juice, and honey are ingredients that affect flavor. If you like, add more cloves or cinnamon for strong scent to cover the ham. Honey makes this ham sweet but not as strong as sugar. For your information, honey is preferable ingredient if you decide to try other Easter dinner ideas. Too much sugar is bad for dinner, especially for digestive system and blood level.
This recipe is capable for the main course during dinnertime. You may eat ham directly without topping. If that method is not your way, try to put additional foods, such as bread, potatoes, and rice. You may expand this recipe with additional ingredients like garlic and onion. If the sweet taste is too strong, combine it with salt and pepper. Add vegetables to balance nutrition and keep your blood level in check. That’s one of Easter dinner ideas alongside several suggestions to make better food.