If you look for good snacks for you and the kids, edible cookie dough can be good option. As its name, it is actually cookie dough, yet it is made so everyone can easily eat the dough even if it is not baked yet. It can be tasty and healthy snacks for your kids. Since it is dough, it is also good to delay the hunger. In case you are interested to make the dough, the instructions and ingredients below can be followed. It is simple and easy recipe, so you will get no problems.
- ½ cup (110g) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (136g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons (40g) granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- ½ cup (113) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (82g) semi-sweet Choco chips
- Prepare a mixing bowl. Add butter, granulated sugar, and the brown sugar to the bowl and mix them. While mixing them, sprinkle the salt.
- Mix them by using electric mixer. Do it for around 3 minutes until you get fluffy mixture in pale color.
- Add the 1½ tablespoons milk and the extract of vanilla. Mix them together again with the blender.
- Add also the flour while keep blending the ingredients. Adding additional milk may also be done to get better texture of dough.
- Add the chocolate chips. Fold and mix the chips into the mixture. In this case, use the spatula instead of hand mixer.
- Store the dough. It can be stored in room temperature or refrigerator.
- Serve it when you and the kids ready to have snacks.
In the edible cookie dough recipe, there is no baking powder or baking soda. Therefore, the dough cannot be baked as other kinds of cookie dough. It will not give good texture and form when it is baked. Then, you can replace 1/3 cup of the all-purpose flour with cocoa powder when you want to get the good taste of chocolate in the dough.
In making edible cookie dough, it is recommended to treat the flour in heat. It is necessary to do in order to kill bacteria since the making process does not involve heat. It is a preventive action to make sure the flour is totally safe. The heat treatment will not change the taste, so there is nothing to worry. The flour can be heated by baking it on baking sheet.
The dough can be served directly once the process is done. Moreover, you can also store it, and it is better to store the dough in room temperature since it will not make the dough hardened. However, when you are going to eat the dough some days after you make it, it is better to store in the refrigerator and it can last for more than a month. In serving the dough, it is good to combine with ice cream. You may also add other ingredients to get better taste. The Choco chips may also be combined with almond or other ingredients to get tastier result of edible cookie dough.