If you want to enjoy buttery and yummy appetizer, ham and cheese sliders are definitely suit those need. Slider is actually a cuisine from American. As many other American food, this one is simple to make and do not require hard ingredients. This slider is very easy to make. Moreover, you can grab the ingredients from scratch as well. The preparation time needed for making this slider is only10 minutes. The cooking time is around 25 minutes.
- ¾ pound deli ham, cooked then sliced thinly
- 1 package sweet Hawaiian rolls
- 1 package Swiss cheese, sliced
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ tbsp dried onion, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- The first step in making ham and cheese sliders is preheating he oven to 350 degrees F. Then take a 9 x 13 pan and spray it with cooking spray.
- On the other hand, slice the rolls in half by using a sharp knife. While doing this, you need to keep individual rolls intact. It is suggested to have the bottom part slightly thicker than the top parts. Place the bottom half of these rolls in your pan.
- Next, add half of the cheese over the rolls, spread it evenly. Following the cheese, add a layer of ham then add it with the remaining cheese on top.
- Then, take a microwave safe bowl to melt the butter. Set it aside and let it cool.
- Now, let’s whisk the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion, pepper, and salt. If you have mixed it well, pour it on top of the rolls. You can use a pastry brush for spreading the mixture evenly. If you want to have a crispy bottom later, you just need to let the mixture pool at the bottom.
- After that, cover the rolls by using foil. Bake it for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes have passed, remove the foil and bake it again for 3 up to 5 minutes. Please take a look carefully. You can take it off when the tops get slightly crisp and the cheese is melting.
- Finally, take it out from the oven and yummy ham and cheese sliders are ready to charge your tummy.
This slider is perfect as an appetizer. Even so, it works well as a great meal too. It can match many delicious dishes as a pair. Some of them are Italian salad, chicken salad, fruit salad, funeral potatoes, baked chicken taquitos, roasted vegetables, chipotle ranch dip, or even loaded baked potato dip. If you do not eat ham, you can substitute it with beef or chicken.
This recipe is for 12 servings. It will be more than enough for yourself only. You can enjoy it with other family members or your friends. This slider is suitable for dinner and lunch as well. No matter what time you eat these ham and cheese sliders , it will taste delicious when it is still warm.