Flies can be annoying insects in your house, and it is good to have homemade fly trap. The flies can keep flying your house when you have some foods. They will fly and try to land on your foods. Of course, it will not be clean anymore when the flies already touched the foods. Moreover, it is disgusting to see the insects. That’s why it is good to make your own fly trap. In fact, it is easy to make and has high level of success. If you are interested to make it, just follow the steps below.
- ½ cup of water
- dish soap
- 3-4 inches of Apple cider vinegar. It can also be replaced by white vinegar
- ¼ cup of sugar
- Empty jar
- Saran wrap
How to Make the Trap:
- Firstly, you have to keep in mind that it is not fully necessary to follow the measurement of ingredients. However, it is important to get more portions of vinegars in the trap.
- For the making process, get the jar. Then, add all the ingredients. Stir them up until they are fully mixed. For the soap, two drops are enough.
- If you want to hang the trap, you can have string or heavy-duty tapes.
- Place the wrap on the top of jar. Do not forget to add some holes for the access of flies.
- Add some rubber band to secure and hold the wrap around the bottle mouth.
- Place it.
Usually, the homemade fly trap will work fast. You do not need to wait for hours to trap some flies. In some minutes, you will find that your trap works successfully. Of course, once the jar is almost full of flies, it is better to clean the jar and make new traps. In case your house has many flies flying around, it is good to make more than just one trap. These can be placed around kitchen and dining room where there are some foods.
In case you think that it is difficult, you can make the simpler homemade fly trap. You only need a two-liter soda bottle and cut it in half. After that, just add some fruits. It is better to use rotten fruits or vegetables that have strong smells to attract the flies. Next, flip the opening of bottle and put it on the other half. By flipping the mouth, flies can easily enter the traps, yet it cannot easily get out from it.
Both of the traps actually can work well. You can also make both of them and place them in some spots in your house. However, for the traps using fruits, it is better to place it far from your area since it will have strong smell, and it may make you lose your appetite. Once you make the fly trap, usually the flies will not bother you anymore. Of course, it is better to keep using the homemade fly trap to make sure there are no problems coming from annoying flies.