Everyone deserves to know how to make fudge. After all, who does not love fudge? This soft candy is well-known to be very delicious and addictive. It is traditionally made out of sugar, butter, and cream. However, today it can be made out of anything as long as the eventual result remains gooey and easy to chew.
The best kind of fudge is surely the chocolate one. The sweetness of chocolate and the soft texture of the fudge makes the candy a truly delicacy. You do not have to pay for a lot of money to get the candy. Instead, it is easily made on your very own kitchen. Here is the guidance on how to make fudge using three different types of chocolate.
- 1 cup milk chocolate, chopped roughly
- ½ cup almond, sliced
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped roughly
- ¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (about 14 oz), set to room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup walnut, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Prepare a 11×9 microwave safe pan. Spray the pan with nonstick spray and line it up with parchment paper. If you do not have a nonstick spray, use melted butter to coat the inside of the pan to prevent the parchment paper from sliding and moving. Set it aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, pour the sweetened condensed milk. Add in the softened butter and give it a little stir.
- Heat the mixture up in a microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir every minute until the butter is fully melted and combined with the condensed milk.
- The next step on how to make fudge is to add in the chocolate. The chopped chocolate should be added at this point because the mixture is still hot. Add in the chocolate and stir it well. The heat from the condensed milk and butter mixture will easily melt the chocolate.
- After the chocolate are all melted, add vanilla extract and the nuts.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan. Put the pan into refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- After the chocolate fudge is set a done, cut the fudge into smaller pieces and serve them.
This recipe is easily modified. If you do not like nuts or you are not allowed to eat nuts, you can change it with anything. Replace the nuts with cookies-and-cream biscuits, dried fruits, or anything you desire. As long as it makes the fudge tastes better, do not think twice to add them in. It will give the candy a whole new texture and delicious taste for sure.
To make the appearance of the fudge fancier, you can drizzle melted white chocolate before cutting the candy into smaller pieces. Melt a few tablespoons of white chocolate with some cream and then drizzle it on top of the fudge. Store it back to the fridge for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. After that, cut the fudge and serve them. That is the best way on how to make fudge.