This lentil soup recipe has been around for a long time! This lens soup is mainly produced from garden products, but contains greens and a lemon squeeze that is new and shiny. It is seasoned with some of the favorite ingredients of everyone and a great deal of fresh ground black pepper. It is the finest lentil soup that anybody will ever have, honestly. This good lentil soup is perfectly for you whether you want to light up your food or hot up with a steaming soup tray. This is a favorite recipe for all time and will quickly also becomes an integral part of your kitchen.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp thyme; dried
- 1 cup fresh collard greens or kale; chopped, tough ribs removed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 chopped medium yellow or white onion
- 1 cup picked over and rinsed green or brown lentils
- 2 peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 large can (28 ounces) tomatoes; diced, lightly drained
- 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 to 1 medium size lemon) for personal taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp or more salt for personal taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 pressed or minced garlic cloves
- Ground black pepper, and
- Red pepper flakes, for personal taste
- First step to make this lentil soup recipe is to heat the onion over moderate warm in a big furnace or stove cabinet. One-fourth of a cup of olive oil may sound much, but this healthy soup has a great wealth and heart’s content.
- When the oil shines, combine the chopped onion and the carrot and boil, often and then stirring for about 5 minutes till the onion is smooth and yellowish.
- Fill in garlic, cumin, thyme and curry powder. Cook for around 30 seconds until aromatic and stir continuously. Pour into the vegetables dried and boil, cook for a few further minutes to improve their taste.
- Put the lens, broth and water into it. Stir in 1 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of red pepper. Season with black pepper generously to perfect this lentil soup recipe. Raise the heat and boil the combination, seal the container and decrease the heat in part in order to keep it smooth. Cook for between 25 and 30 minutes, or until the lenses are soft but remain in form.
- Transfer to a blender two cups of the soup. Securely attach the flap, watch your hand against steam and smoothly purée the soup with a tea towel positioned on the top. Put the soup into the pan again. Add sliced vegetables and boil for 5 more minutes or as long as the vegetables loosened to your taste. Remove the heat cabinet and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Remove. Sample and add spice, spices and/or lemon until the aromas really chant. Add another pinch for spiced soup or two red flakes of pepper.
- Serve while warm.
This delightful one-pot balanced lentil soup recipe is likely to become a cornerstone in your house!