Loaded baked potato is not hard to make. This snack has smooth texture and delicious taste, no matter what kind of companion it has. You can make it creamy and flavorful with some veggies if you want to. For today recipe, you can try making these loaded baked potatoes with bacon.
The preparation time for making this recipe is only 15 minutes. For the cook time, you will need around 1hour an 30 minutes. In total, 2 hours is more than enough for you to have this loaded baked potatoes ready in the table. This recipe goes for 8 servings. If you want to make it for special occasions, you can double the amount to get more loaded baked potatoes. Here are the ingredients you need and some steps for the instruction.
- 4 large potatoes, washed
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled, then divided
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream, light or regular
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- For making this loaded baked potato, you need to wrap the potatoes in foil first. For another option, you can also rub it by using vegetable oil, prick with a fork and put on a lined baking sheet. After that, bake it for about 1 hour, until it gets tender texture.
- Secondly, allow the potatoes to cool after you take it out from the oven. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Then, cut the potatoes in half lengthwise by using a knife. Spoon out the potatoes and put it on a large mixing bowl. Please be careful while doing this and do not break the skin. Make sure you leave a thin lining so that the potatoes still get support for its form. After that, put the potato skins in a baking sheet.
- In the large bowl where you put the potatoes, add sour cream, butter, garlic powder, milk, paprika, onion powder, 3 slices of bacon, 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Mash the potatoes and combine it well with other ingredients. However, let it have some chunky texture as well.
- If you have done, scoop the filling back to the potatoes skin. For the garnish, have the remaining cheese at the top of potatoes.
- Take it to the oven and bake it for 20 up to 25 minutes. You can remove it from the oven when the cheese is melting. For more garnish, sprinkle with bacon and chives.
- Finally, delicious loaded baked potato will be ready to fill your tummy.
You can enjoy these loaded baked potatoes alone. Scooping it will satisfy your mouth and belly. However, if you need some more portions to satisfy you, pork tenderloin, roasted chicken or turkey will be a perfect companion for this loaded baked potato.