For a different taste of rice, you can try to make this Mexican rice recipe. It is so easy to make with not much time needed. For the preparation time, 10 minutes is enough. You only need around 20 minutes for the cooking time. Therefore, you can have this Mexican rice in 30 minutes only. It is enough for 4serving.
There is no need to rush in the store, as the ingredients are so easy to get. You probably have them all in your kitchen already. The basic ingredient of this Mexican rice is chicken stock. It can add the flavor and combines well with other spices. For more, tomato sauce is also important to make this Mexican rice looks lively and yummy. For more detail, here are the ingredients and the steps to make this Mexican rice.
- 1 jalapeno, seeded then minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- To make this Mexican rice recipe, first you need to cook the butter, onion, jalapeno, and rice. Cook them on medium heat. Make sure that the onion is tender and the rice turns golden. Approximately, you need 5 minutes. After that, add the spices and cook them for a minute more.
- Secondly, stir in the remaining ingredients. Boil them. For making the boiling even faster, cover it with a lid. When it has boiled, reduce the heat and simmer it. Cook it for about 15 minutes more to make sure that the liquid gets absorbed.
- If there is no more liquid, you can remove the rice from heat. Let it sit first for about 5 up to 10 minutes.
- Finally, fluff it by using a fork or a wooden spoon and this delicious is Mexican rice recipe ready for your meal. It is best to enjoy it while it is still warm.
This Mexican rice only tastes great in the mouth. It is all thanks to the chicken broth and many spices. If you want a wonderful pairing for this dish, here is the top recommended serving. First, you can have it with shrimp tacos; it will be a nice and quick weeknight meal. Second, enjoy it with slow cooker chicken enchiladas. This combination is so flavorful and creamy.
For more, you can also bring creamy chicken enchiladas to the table. It will be enough for your whole family member. Next, try this Mexican rice with Mexican stuffed peppers. It will be a nice way for using the leftover of the Mexican rice. For more, you can also use instant pot chicken tacos as the side dish. It is very delicious and easy to make. Last, you can also enjoy it with a taco for a truly Mexican taste. Those are some suggestions for the side dish of this Mexican rice recipe.