Can you resist Nutella in any kinds of its form; within your morning sandwich, on top of your brownies, or as a secret ingredient in your favorite drinks? It is a big NO. What about having it in classic thumbprint cookies? Heaven! This bite-sized cookie will surely make your day. Why don’t you put on your apron and get your own luscious Nutella Thumbprint Cookies?
No need to worry about complicated baking steps and recipes. You can save your time by only preparing less than 10 lists of ingredients. The tools you need are also there in your kitchen; your standard baking utensils. All you have to do is just simply following the recipe below.
What’s so Good about This Recipe?
The recipe on this page offers you some good things you can’t miss out.
- Time-saving recipe. In less than an hour with less than 10 ingredients, you can fill in your jar with people’s favorite cookies.
- One-stop shopping. You just have to step your feet towards a grocery or a nearby convenience store and voila! All you need are waiting to be picked. It is all there.
- All-season fit. Summer, winter, school holiday, Christmas, Ied Al Fitr you can name it and Nutella Thumbprint Cookies never go wrong in your living room’s table. You can even have them for your afternoon snacks.
How to Make Nutella Thumbprint Cookies?
Ingredients in Nutella Thumbprint Cookies are varied. However, the listed recipe has been summed up to its easiest yet delectable one for you to try. The very first thing to do in making Nutella Thumbprint Cookies is to prepare the dough by combining butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, salt, chocolate, and flour. In the meantime, you can prepare your oven. Then, as its name says, you need merely your thumbprint to form the dough. Say bye to molds! Put the formed dough into the oven and yes you can enjoy it right away when it is already in room temperature. Otherwise, you might burn your tongue! Can’t wait to have your homemade Nutella Thumbprint Cookies? See the instructions’ details in the recipe below. Have fun baking!
Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
Ingredients in Nutella thumbprint cookies are varied. However, the listed recipe has been summed up to its easiest yet delectable one for you to try.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- About ½ cup of Nutella hazelnut-chocolate for filling
In a large bowl, pour flour, powdered sugar, salt, and chocolate. Stir it all together until mixed.
Separately, in an electric mixer bowl (or a large bowl), put butter and beat it about 1-2 minutes at medium speed until it is fluffy.
Then, stir egg yolks with a whisk in a cup.
When the egg yolks are combined, add them to the butter along with the vanilla extract. Beat them with mixer until combines.
Then, add the flour mixture to the mixer bowl. Beat them together for several minutes on low speed until the dough combines and becomes thick.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the dough on a wax paper. Knead it until smooth.
After that, break the dough into 28 separated little balls (approximately 1 inch each). Line the balls in a row in 1 (or 2 if necessary) large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
And then, form the balls by pressing your thumb (or you can also use a measuring spoon) right in the center of each ball.
Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
Place them on wire racks or tray to let them cool.
Have the cookies reached room temperature, put about ½ teaspoon of Nutella into the indented center of each cookie.
- In order to have a proper measurement of flour, you can pick your knife as a help. Put the knife on top of the measuring cup to have an exact 1 cup flour for your recipe.
- When placing the ball-dough onto the baking sheet, be sure to have each ball one inch apart on the paper.
- Before filling in the Nutella to the cookies, you might want to microwave it first for 20 seconds in a microwave-safe bowl. This way makes you easier to place Nutella onto the center of the cookies.
86 calories, 10 g carbs, 6 g sugar, 5 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 1 g protein, 1 g fiber
Making your own Nutella Thumbprint Cookies is a piece of cake! Now everyone can do baking and conquer the kitchen. Don’t forget to pack and store your masterpiece in an air-tight container…if there are left some in a couple of hours after baking.