Peanut butter frosting is so delicious for any kinds of cake or cookie. The texture is so smooth and silky. Moreover the sweet taste and its strong peanut taste give a very pleasing taste in the mouth. For more, peanut butter as a frosting can be enjoyed as it is. Having a spoonful of it will definitely charge your day. If you have ever tried it and cannot forget the taste, you can just make one by yourself.
If you use this frosting evenly for each cupcake you make, this recipe can cover 12 up to15 cupcakes. If you give it only a little frosting, it may even be able to cover until 24 cupcakes. For the cake, it is enough to cover a sheet cake in 9 x 13 or around 2 layer in 8 or 9 inch. Here is the ingredients you need and the step to make the frosting.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make peanut butter frosting, first you need to prepare a large mixing bowl. Then combine the peanut butter and butter. It is suggested to use an electric mixer for beating them until the texture is creamy and both are well combined.
- Secondly, add powdered sugar gradually, about 1/3 cup for one time. During this process, set your mixer on low speed. Continue mixing until all of them are well combined. Do not forget to scrape the sides as well as the bottom of your bowl. It is to make sure that all ingredients are completely combined.
- Next, stir in the salt and vanilla extract. Mix them well. After that, add the milk and stir on low speed. After it is well combined, you can increase the speed gradually to high. Beat them for about 30seconds.
- After that, pipe or spread the frosting for your cooled cake or cupcakes. This frosting is to decorate them beautifully and deliciously.
When making this recipe for the first time, facing trouble is a common thing, moreover if you are a beginner. However, do not be worry and follow these important tips when making this frosting. First, you may be able to make it from creamy or chunky peanut butter. However, it is not recommended to use the chunky. Well, actually you can if you intend and really will pope the frosting. If not, you will only get the little pieces of peanut clog up.
For more, it is not recommended to use the natural peanut butter. What is meant in this statement is the one that usually need to be stirred before it is used. It is because that kind of peanut butter will not work nicely in this recipe. It will make the frosting too oily. If you want this peanut butter frosting to be stiffer, you can add ½ up to 1cup of powdered sugar.