If you want some easy homemade snack to fill your leisure time, you can try to make peanut butter cookie. The ingredients to make this cookie are not so hard to find. The preparation time is around 20 minutes. The cooking time is around 15 minutes. It is more than enough. Therefore, you can enjoy this snack only in 35 minutes in total. This recipe is for 24 cookies serving. Below are the list of ingredients you need and the steps to make it.
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- To make a peanut butter cookie, first you need to preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Then have to large baking sheet and give it silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Secondly, take a large mixing bowl. Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Third, prepare another bowl and a mixer with its paddle attachment. You can use an electric mixer as well. Then cream the brown sugar, butter, and granulated sugar for about 2 minutes until they are all well combined.
- Next, add the peanut butter. Continue mixing until all of them are combined. Do not forget to scrape down the sides of your bowl. Then mix the vanilla extract and egg.
- Now, add the dry ingredients slowly, it is what you have made in the second step. Mix them all well.
- After that, have 3 tbsp of granulated sugar in a bowl. Then take two tbsp of cookie scoop and use the dough you have made. Roll it into a ball. Then coat it in the bowl of granulated sugar. Put each ball you made in the baking sheets, which you have prepared before. Do not make it too stuffy and let each ball have some space. For making it having the small criss-cross pattern, press the top with a fork gently.
- If you have finished making the balls, now it is time to bake them. 12 minutes is enough. You can take a look at the top as well to make sure whether or not it has cooked.
- When it is well cooked already, take it out from the oven. Allow it to cool for 5 up to 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack.
- Finally, delicious peanut butter cookie is ready for your delicious snack.
These peanut butter cookies can be saved in a tight container for5days. If you do not have time to bake all the dough, you can freeze it as well. It can last up to 3 months. The same goes for the cookies if you freeze them. However, you need to thaw the peanut butter cookie first before serving.