In a dire time when you need to entertain people, a great pork chop recipe is going to be super handy. Many recipes require cooking this dish from a long time. However, this particular recipe certainly goes easy on your weekday nights. It has the highlighted flavors of honey and garlic. These herbs are able to cut through the heaviness of pork without being too overwhelming. Let’s see how to cook this dish conveniently at your own home.
- 4 pieces pork chop, you can choose the one with bone or not depending on your own preference.
- 6 cloves garlic, diced finely.
- ¼ cup chicken broth, you can replace it with plain water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other more neutral oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, you can use apple cider vinegar or white vinegar instead
- A tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Salt to taste
- A teaspoon powdered garlic
- Black pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish.
- Preheat the oven at 390ºF (or 200ºC) on broil setting.
- Season the sides of pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic product smoothly before cooking.
- Heat up a pan on medium high heat. Sear these chops on the pan (ensuring that both sides are fully cooked through). Set the chops aside.
- Inside the used pan, melt unsalted butter. Sauté the finely diced garlic with the butter and remaining cooking juice of the pork chops. Cook garlic until they turn fragrant but be careful because it can burn really quickly.
- Add water, white vinegar, and honey to the garlic.
- Turn up the heat to let the sauce thicken and reduced. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place pork chops inside the sauce. Try to cover each piece of pork with the flavorful sauce.
- Put pork chops inside the oven on broil setting. Wait until the edges turn a little bit darker or caramelized color. It should only take about 3 minutes.
- Serve the pork chop recipe with a little bit of parsley as garnish.
This particular recipe is designed to be cooked within 30 minutes. It is able to serve up 4 people happily. Unlike many other recipes for pork chops, you do not need to marinate this dish for too long time. It still has the finger licking good quality with very prominent taste of the honey garlic sauce. The best of all: the ingredients can be found in your pantry very easily.
There are many side dishes that you can cook to accompany this pork chop recipe. If you love vegetables, you can prepare some roasted veggies (such as broccoli, asparagus, and potato). You can also prepare fried rice as side dishes. It is recommended to cook the side dishes with less prominent flavor so it will not compete with the pork.
You used to be worried about serving people during weekday nights? Well, this recipe proves that you can create a nice dish under an hour. Everyone will be impressed with your professional setup. Please add this honey garlic pork chop recipe into your cooking repertoire.