If you enjoy comfort foods, the best choice is pot roast crockpot. This recipe is simple and easy to follow. You do not need professional skill just for cooking delicious crock-pot recipe. On the other side, all ingredients are easy to find in nearby store; even your kitchen already has most of them. Next section will show you how to make this recipe.
- 2-3 pound chuck roast
- 1-2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, or more
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 yellow onion, slice into large pieces
- 1-2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. thyme, dried
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into big chunks
- 2-3 cups broth from beef
- 1-2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 minced garlic, or more
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. rosemary, dried
- 2 tbsp. water
- Parsley, fresh minced
- Rinse and cut the roast then put in bowl. Add pepper, paprika, salt, thyme, salt, and rosemary.
- Heat skillet and pour olive oil. Cook roast and keep all sides until browned. Cook time is approximately up to 4 minutes.
- Prepare slow cooker. Put potatoes, onion, garlic, carrots. Add broth and browned roast.
- Cook at high for about 5 hours. At low, cook time is 9 hours. Cover slow cooker while cooking.
- After cooking is done, remove roast and the rest ingredients to dish.
- Mix cornstarch and water in bowl. Stir and mix them then pour into slow cooker.
- Whisk again and cook for 4-5 minutes at high mode.
- Serve meat alongside gravy from slow cooker and garnish with parsley
Pot roast crockpot uses quite extensive ingredients. In general, they consist of roast, vegetables, seasonings, gravy, and garnish. At first, the roast is necessary to be browned, though it is not mandatory. With preliminary cooking, the roast becomes firm and the taste is deep. You should prevent it to tear apart due to excess tenderness. Of course, you are free just to put roast without this step.
As alternative, marinate roast with ingredients and seasonings for 1-2 hours. Certain recipes suggest baking. As long as the roast is browned, that method seems reliable enough for the next step. Make sure to rinse first and clean the roast from anything.
You should consider pot roast crockpot for special moment. Cooking this one every day is not issue. The result is delicious, but takes time. Average cooking time is 5 hours if you choose to cook at high heat. In low one, the roast will be ready in 8 hours. You need to prepare early then let the slow cooker does the rest of job.
The recipe uses cornstarch as additional ingredients for gravy. You can add it after the roast and veggie are done. If you do not like cornstarch, this step is free not to follow at all. Serve the roast with its juice or adding sweet sauce. Therefore, you will know why people like the pot roast crockpot ultimately after tasting the flavor.