As we know, pulled pork crockpot is a good choice for dinner or meal for anytime. The delicious and smooth texture of the meat brings a delicious taste even though it just uses simple seasonings. However, as this dish only require simple seasoning, it is not hard to make. Just spare 5 minutes of your time to prepare it. Let it get cooked for 8 minutes, and during that time, you can do other activities. Here is the recipe for this dish. Just follow every step correctly.
- 4 pork butt or boneless pork shoulder
- Pepper, to taste
- Optional seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- The first step to make pulled pork crockpot begins with seasoning the pork. The main seasonings are salt and pepper. However, if you would like to go with stronger flavor, you can have other seasonings as you like. After finished getting the pork seasoned, put it in a slow cooker.
- Secondly, after covering the cooker with lid, just cook it in low heat around 8 hours. Make sure that the cooker reaches temperature of 190 degree Fahrenheit.
- When you have done cooking it, remove the pork to a board. Let it cool for 20 minutes at least. Then, you can start to shred it by using a fork.
- Make use of leftover liquid and strain it.
- The following step is for you who do not mind with the fat. Pour the liquid to the shredded pork. Toss it well. On the other hand, if you want to remove the fat, using ice bath, chill the liquid. Do it for 30 mins. Make sure that the fat become solid. After that, discard it and pour the liquid that remains on the pork.
- Finally, the delicious pulled pork crockpot is ready to be enjoyed.
As for the tips, the pork may have different time to get cooked. The predicted time may vary from the pork size and the model of the slow cooker. If you only want to cook 3 pounds pork, it must be ready on shorter time. The clue of well cooked pork is when it comes easily shredded with fork. However, getting overcook pork is not so bad as well.
In addition, if you cannot eat this entire dish at one time, you can save it for later and reheat it. Use a microwave. For a better taste, you can reheat it with a skillet. To get more flavorful taste, you can add some neutral olive oil, lard, and butter. For 4 until 5 lb pork, 1 tbsp of kosher salt is enough. Cook it until it is warmed through and you can enjoy it for your meal.
For more options, you can also keep this dish refrigerated. Just pour it in an airtight container and store it safely. It can last for about 2 month frozen. However, the pulled pork crockpot will only last for 5 up to 6 days in the fridge.