A homemade ranch dressing recipe is definitely the best. Store bought ranch dressing may be hundreds in the market. However, they are not a match for what you can modify as you like. Ranch dressing tastes delicious for salad. It also works well as a dip of fresh vegetables. Making ranch dressing is not hard. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare. Here are the ingredients and instructions.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- ¼ tsp dill, dried
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper and salt, to taste
- Prepare all the ingredients first to make this ranch dressing recipe.
- Take a jar then add all ingredients there. For another option, you can take a small bowl and whisk them altogether. Make sure that all ingredients are mixed well.
- This dressing can be used right away. It is also possible to refrigerate it first for some hours. As the result, you will have ranch dressing in thicker consistency.
- You can enjoy this ranch dressing as a dip, for salad, or spread it on sandwiches or wraps. For salad, it is enough for a large serving, about 1.5 cup.
Other ranch dressing recipe may use buttermilk. Well, this recipe is different with all those recipes as the tangy taste comes from the sour cream and lemon juice. Compared to buttermilk, those two ingredients taste fresher. However, it does not come out too harsh as if when you use vinegar.
For a suggestion, you can also use anchovies for this recipe. It can give stronger taste. Anchovies actually work well with almost any kinds of dish, and ranch dressing is one of them. If you have any anchovies in your kitchen, you can use it. If you have none, the Worcestershire is enough, as it gives saltiness.
For the chives, dried one is fine. However, the fresh chives will work even better. On the other hand, using garlic is a must in this recipe. It can add wonderful taste. If you have never tried a ranch dressing with garlic before, now is the perfect time to let your tongue taste a new flavor.
The dill supposed to be dried. It is easier to manage the taste rather than the fresh one. When you use fresh dill, it will have overpowering taste. On the contrary, the dried dill has quite mellow taste and it mix well with a pinch of salad and pepper for the finishing touch.
If you cannot take all this ranch dressing at one time serving, it is possible to keep it for later. Just pour it in a tight container and save it in the refrigerator. It can last for few days. Check the smell first before using it to make sure that it is still good to be eaten. Discard this ranch dressing recipe if it tastes awful.