Here is a recipe for cooking sesame fried chicken, aka sesame chicken recipe, which is delicious, simple and easy at home. There are a lot of people who really like this fried sesame chicken, because the method of making it is quite easy and is known as a healthy and delicious food. The ingredients only use skinless chicken breast fillets. Sesame chicken is also called Chinese sesame seed. This is because sesame chicken is the main menu in several Chinese cuisine restaurants. Chinese food enthusiasts certainly are familiar with this one food. Usually, this dish is served with boiled vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, and enjoyed with rice. For your curiosity, here is the instruction you need to make it:
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 250 grams of chicken breast fillets
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
And for the sauce, you will need:
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 segment ginger shredded
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple vinegar
- To make this sesame chicken recipe, firstly chicken fillets need to be washed, then cut to taste or slightly thinner, set aside.
- Mix eggs, pepper, salt and cornstarch, stir until smooth, then add the chicken pieces and stir until all the chicken parts are covered.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil then add the chicken. Cook over low heat until the sides are cooked and slightly brown. Turn the chicken over until it’s cooked.
- While waiting, prepare the sauce ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are mixed in a small bowl.
- After the chicken is cooked, raise the temperature of the fire and add the sauce to the pan, then stir until the sauce is slightly thick. Sesame chicken is ready to be served.
Sesame (Sesamum indicum) in this sesame chicken recipe is believed to be the oldest herb used by humans since 1600 BC. The mineral content in sesame is very high. Not only calcium, sesame also contains manganese, copper, iron, phosphorus, and zinc. Not only that, vitamin B1 and fiber add a long list of nutrients in sesame. The most special is the content of antioxidants called lignin as an anticancer and phytosterol substance that is effective for lowering high cholesterol.
Chicken meat can indeed be processed into a variety of delicious menus. One of them is delicious fried chicken. Chicken-based dishes are a favorite of almost everyone, especially your little one. Chicken texture that is soft makes it easier to chew for children and kids whose teeth aren’t full yet. If you are bored with ordinary fried chicken menu, you can try making this fried chicken sesame. The combination of sweet and savory taste from fried chicken will further increase your appetite. And, this one menu will be your family’s favorite menu. It is guaranteed that this sesame chicken recipe will please every guest’s tongue with its smooth texture and rich flavor.