Shredded chicken recipes come as a very useful dish to make. With simple ingredients, this shredded chicken only already has fine taste. However, it can also be used for many other recipes. Some of the samples are muffin tin Mexican bowls, Mexican dishes (such as enchiladas and tacos, green chili chicken totchos, soups, salads, sandwiches, omelets and many more. If you are interested to make it, here is the recipe.
- ¼ pounds chicken, choose the skinless and boneless one
- ¾ cup chicken broth, choose the low sodium one
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Begin the first step of shredded chicken recipes by seasoning the chicken. Use pepper and salt as your preference.
- Take a large skillet. It is highly suggested to go with one completed with lid, use the non-stick as well. Pour the olive oil there and heat it in medium high heat. When it is hot enough, add the chicken. Cook it for about 4 minutes or let it turns brown.
- Do not forget to flip the chicken and cook the other side.
- After cooking al the chicken’s sides, and have all of them brown, pour the broth in. Cook it slowly by reducing the heat. Set it in medium low and use the lid to cover the skillet.
- Allow them to simmer for about 5 up to 8 minutes.
- After that, take the chicken out from the skillet. Let it cool for about 3 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl from a standing mixer. Set the mixer on its lowest setting. Mix the chicken well until it is shredded.
- The texture of the chicken in shredded chicken recipes goes as how you wanted it to be. For a large pieces, mix for 30 seconds. For finer shred, mix it for about 60 seconds.
- By the end of the time, you will get a perfect shredded chicken. Even with no other companion, it is already tastes delicious.
For a note, it is important for you to use the lowest speed when mixing the chicken. You also need to stop right after you get your desired texture. If you neglect these two points, you may have the chicken in very little pieces and possibly turns it to become like porridge.
It is also important to mix the chicken when it is still warm. Even if you need to let it cool for a moment, do not let the chicken affected by the room temperature for too long. Warm is perfect to get the best texture. If it is mixed when it is not warm already, the chicken will be so dry and stringy at the end.
If you cannot get all the shredded chicken eaten at once, it is possible to store it for later. Just put it in a tight container and keep it in the fridge. If you need more batch, you can double the ingredients amount in today’s shredded chicken recipes as well.