Shredded chicken tacos taste amazingly delicious and are perfect for many dishes companion. If you have it at home, you can have countless way to serve this dish with Mexican cooking. Some of the top recommended dishes are quesadillas, burritos, huevos rancheros, enchiladas, salads, chilaquiles, nachos, tamales, tostadas, and many more. ‘
Making shredded chicken is not hard. Following this recipe, you will only need 3 simple ingredients. Moreover, the cooking tools are also available in two options, using an instant pot or a crock pot. The preparation time is only around 5 minutes and 30 minutes is enough to cook the chicken. This recipe is for 8 up to10 servings.
- 3 pounds chicken breast
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 packet seasoning of original taco
- The first step in making shredded chicken tacos is preparing your instant pot.
- Have the chicken, taco seasoning, and salsa in the bowl of the instant pot. The chicken should be boneless and skinless. You can use breast or thighs.
- Toss all the ingredients and make sure they are combined well.
- Close the cover and press the sealing button.
- Next press the manual button then pressure button. Make sure the light indicating high pressure is on.
- After that, set the time to cook for 30 minutes. Now turn the vent on your instant pot to venting.
- Wait for all the steam to release. Make sure the valve has dropped as well. After that, you can take of the cover.
- Get the chicken tacos on a plate and let it cool first. When it is warm, shred it by using fork. You may need to for giving you more ease in shredding the chicken. You can get the chicken toss by using the remaining juice to make the seasoning absorbed well by the shredded chicken
- Finally, delicious is ready shredded chicken tacos to be enjoyed. If you want to keep it for later, pour it to a tight container then refrigerate. It can last for 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.
If you have trouble with your instant pot, crock pot can be a good substitution. Just add all the ingredients in the bowl of the slow cooker. Toss them and make sure all of the ingredients are mixed well. Then cover it with a lid and cook for 3 up to 4 hours if you cook it on medium. If you prefer to cook it on low, then it will need approximately 6 to 8 hours. Last, shred the chicken by using two forks.
When cooking the chicken with an instant pot, there is one problem you need to be cautious. Sometimes, a burn message will present. You can avoid it by having ½ cup of water to mix in the ingredients. The burn comes out as the salsa is too thick or chunky. Therefore, adding water will give the sauce more liquid and prevent the shredded chicken tacos to get burn.