Sweet potato recipe is so easy to make. This delicious dish can be your side dish or even your main meal. As there are many recipes to cook sweet potatoes, the one you will get in this article is the simplest and easiest one. You do not need to trouble yourself with difficult ingredients to find. Here is the list and the steps to turn your sweet potatoes tasty.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- Butter, to taste
- ¾ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper, or to taste
- The first step to make this sweet potato recipe is by washing the potatoes. At the supermarket, they may have been rinsed before. However, it is not so clean that needs you to wash it again after you get home. Make sure there is no debris or dirt left, as you will have the sweet potatoes for meal.
- Scrub the potatoes by using brush, or use your fingers under running water. After that, dry the sweet potatoes by using paper towel.
- The next step is preheating the oven. Set it to 400 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- While waiting for the oven get ready, you can poke the potatoes. For your information, sweet potatoes will have steam and build up some heat as they are cooked. When you just bake it as it is, the sweet potatoes will burst. Therefore, giving some pokes can prevent it. Take a sharp knife or a fork then poke the potatoes with it. Make 4 or 5 holes.
- After you finished giving some pokes, now it is time to bake. Set the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet tray. The approximate time is 1 hour. However, it actually depends on the size of sweet potatoes you used. If it is thick and big, you may need longer time and vice versa. The clue to know it is by using a knife. When the sweet potatoes pieces easily, it is the time to take it out from the oven.
- You can dollop the result of this sweet potato recipe with some butter. For additional seasonings, sprinkle it with pepper and salt.
When baking the sweet potatoes, you may have some caramelized juiced on the baking tray. If you just let it be, the stain will be hard to remove. If you do not want to get this kind of trouble, line the baking tray by using parchment paper.
You do not need to give oil for the outside part of the sweet potatoes. The same goes for aluminum foil. Baking the sweet potatoes just the way as it is will be fine. Just make sure that you line up the sweet potatoes with the same size.
These baked sweet potatoes can be served with other dish as companion. Some choices that will work best are roasted balsamic chicken, beef brisket, barbecue ribs, and honey mustard chicken. Every bite come out from this sweet potato recipe is full of nutrition and perfect to be enjoyed in the cold days.