This is the best coleslaw recipe you can find today. With this recipe, you can make your own creamy, crispy, and refreshing coleslaw ready to accompany any meals. It is very easy to make and with fresh ingredients, you will have the best coleslaw with minimal work. The only thing you should pay attention is how you will cut the ingredients and how much mayonnaise you put inside. Without further ado, let’s get cooking.
- Green Cabbage, shredded (6 cups).
- Red Cabbage, shredded (2 cups).
- Carrots, shredded (1 cup).
- Mayonnaise (3/4 cup).
- Apple Cider Vinegar (3 tablespoons).
- Salt (1/2 tablespoon).
- Ground black pepper (1/4 tablespoon).
- This is optional, but you can also add 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- Start by shredding the vegetables into long even strands until the specified amount is acquired. The difference between this best coleslaw recipe than others is that you should cut the cabbage using a mandolin. Since it will produce thicker and crunchier strands of cabbage. Put the shredded vegetables inside the mixing bowl.
- Set the vegetables aside then prepare to make the sauce in a small bowl.
- To make the dressing, you can add mayonnaise and apple cider into the small bowl. Add also the whole grain mustard if you want just a bit of mustard spice in the dressing.
- Whisk the dressing then add salt and fresh black pepper. Whisk until it has a texture like a ranch dressing or buttermilk.
- Pour all of the mixed dressing into the mixing bowl with all the vegetables.
- Whisk the dressing and vegetables thoroughly until every strand is evenly coated with the dressing.
- Set the coleslaw inside the fridge for 30 minutes to settle. Then serve it as a side to any of your favorite meals.
This best coleslaw recipe only requires 3 veggies to complete it. You can always add others, such as bell peppers and onions. However, they will distract you with a strong taste and smell. Coleslaw is known for the creamy, crunchy taste with a flavor emphasis to the dressing. Therefore, using cabbage and carrot is perfect because they are very neutral in terms of taste. Sometimes, they can even add a bit of sweetness to the coleslaw.
If you want to keep the coleslaw longer, put it inside the fridge for up to 3 days. Never put it inside the freezer. Frozen cabbage is the last thing you want to taste in coleslaw. Also, the recommended expiry period of the coleslaw is around 3 days inside the fridge because after that period, the cabbage will be brittle and the texture will be ruined. Then, if you want to prepare in advance, you can do it a few hours before. The more time the dressing settles on the vegetables is better. Up to a day is possible to achieve the best texture. However, if you are too hungry to wait, this best coleslaw recipe is great to enjoy even without refrigerating.