Teriyaki Chicken Casserole is an incredibly tasty chicken dish that you can make at home. The ingredients are easy to get and moreover it is so simple and easy to make. You can also eat the leftovers for days. Teriyaki chicken is so popular and everyone loves it. This dish is also a perfect start for beginners and aspiring cooks to learn to make. Fear not, today through this incredibly simple recipe you will learn how to make one at home.
How to make a homemade Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
As simple as it may seem, making the recipe still needs some cooking skills. I will show you how to make one. First, you need to prepare an oven and preheat it. Then, you need to make the teriyaki sauce. Don’t forget to prepare chicken breast, then pour the teriyaki sauce on it and bake it for 30 minutes. After it is done, you have to shred the chicken and add fried rice, mixed vegetables, then add more teriyaki sauce. Bake it again for another 15 minutes. Finally, it is done.
What are the ingredients Teriyaki Chicken Casserole?
I know that there a lot of Teriyaki Chicken Casserole recipes that you can find on the internet. This recipe may be the simplest yet clearest recipe that you can find. I am going to be straight-forward with this recipe, so you will find this simple and easy. You are going to need chicken breast, fried rice, and mixed vegetables as the main ingredients. To make the teriyaki sauce, you need soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, ginger, and olive oil.
It is quite simple and easy to make. For more in-depth instruction check this recipe below.
Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb chicken breast
- ¾ cup of soy sauce (low sodium)
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¾ tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon water (cold)
- 32 oz mixed vegetables (1 or 2 bags from frozen food (ideally precooked))
- 3 cup fried rice
- Prepare an oven and then you have to preheat it to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a small saucepan. Put some water, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, extra virgin olive oil, ginger, and honey. After that, boil those ingredients with medium heat for1 minute and let cook.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix some water and cornstarch to create a semi-liquid mixture while the teriyaki sauce cooks.
- After you have done creating the slurry mixture, pour it into the teriyaki sauce. Stir it lightly but rapidly until the sauce begins to thicken for about 1 minute. Then, remove the saucepan from heat.
- In a baking dish (preferably 9x13 or similar size), put some chicken breasts. Pour 1 cup of teriyaki sauce that you have made before on top and around the chicken breasts. Put the dish in the oven and bake it uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the fried rice while you wait for the chicken to cook. You can make some changes here and there if you find making fried rice takes too long. You can replace fried rice with brown rice or white rice.
- After preparing rice, you can cook or heat mixed vegetables.
- Finally, after the chicken is done, you can remove it from the oven and don’t forget to shred it into bite-sized pieces with two forks, so it will be easy to it. You have to remove it carefully, because the hot plate may burn your hands.
- With the shredded chicken add fried rice and mixed vegetables to the dish. Then, add 2 until 3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and stir it all together until the chicken, rice, and vegetables are coated with the sauce.
- Put the dish to the oven and bake it again for another 15 minutes.
- The last step is to remove the dish from the oven and pour the remaining teriyaki sauce on top of it. Serve it while it is hot.
Below are the nutrition facts of Teriyaki Chicken Casserole, but please keep in mind that I am not someone that is certified to provide nutrition facts. Still, I do my best to provide this nutrition information. Any nutrition information below should only be seen as a rough calculation of the values. Pardon me if you find the information a little bit misleading.
Nutrition Facts (360 g)
- Calories: 375 Kcal
- Fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg
- Sodium: 2073 mg
- Potassium: 747 mg
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sugar: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 62 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Vitamin A: 8445%
- Vitamin C: 17%
- Calcium: 65%
- Iron: 2.5%