A simple Thai basil chicken recipe might be what you need to get a wonderful taste of Thailand street food, The Thai basil chicken is also known as the pad kra pao gai. This authentic dish is probably one of the most popular authentic Thai street foods that you can find. Its delicious taste paired with its beautiful appearance will make you fall in love with this simple yet amazing dish. You might think that this dish is quite difficult to make. But in reality, the Thai basil chicken is quite easy to make. As long as you follow these simple steps, you will be able to make your very own Thai basil chicken for you and your loved ones to enjoy in no time. You also will not need too many ingredients for this dish. In this article, we are going to tell you all about the Thai basil chicken, including how to make one.
How to Make Thai Basil Chicken
Making a Thai basil chicken dish is not as hard as you imagined it would be. All you need to do is prepare the appropriate ingredients and get cooking right away. What you need to do is certainly cook the chicken after you cut them up into small sizes. You are going to need to cook the chicken with a lot of sauces in order to make it more flavorful. Detailed steps on how to make this dish are going to be discussed below. If you follow those simple steps, you will be able to make a Thai basil chicken dish quite easily.
Ingredients that You Will Need
There are several ingredients that you will need in order to make this beautiful cuisine. Do not worry, the ingredients are relatively easy to find. They might even already be in your pantry at this very moment. In order to make one serving of Thai basil chicken, the ingredients you need are:
- Chicken breast (200 grams)
- Garlic (5 cloves)
- Thai holy basil leaves (1 handful)
- Bird’s eye chili (4 pieces)
- Oyster sauce (1 teaspoon)
- Light soy sauce (1/2 teaspoon)
- Dark soy sauce (1 splash)
- Sugar (1/2 teaspoon)
- Frying oil (1 tablespoon)
If you do not find any chicken breast, you can use any type of boneless chicken you can find as the substitute. You can use any type of oil to fry this dish. We recommend you to use vegetable oil when you are cooking this stir fry dish. You can also add variety to this dish by adding other food like a fried egg. Remember that these measurements were made for one serving of this dish. If you want to cook for a lot more people, you need to adjust how much of the ingredients that you will need.
In order to complete this dish, the prepping time is approximately 15 minutes. The cooking time for this dish is only 10 minutes, whereas the cooling time is 5 minutes. Therefore, the total time that you need in order to make this dish is approximately 30 minutes.
Source Recipe : cookingzone.us
Thai Basil Chicken
- 200 grams of chicken breast
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 handful of Thai holy basil leaves
- 4 pieces bird’s eye chili
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 splash dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon frying oil
- Cut the chicken breast into tiny bite sizes.
- Peel the garlic and bird’s eye chilies, rinse them well.
- Pound and mix the garlic and bird’s eye chilies using a mortar and pestle.
- Heat the frying oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the mixture of garlic and chilies, stir until the delicious smell comes out.
- Add the cut-up chicken, stir everything together.
- Cook the chicken until they are fully cooked, add a little bit of water if they get too dry.
- Add the oyster sauce, light and dark soy sauce, and sugar into the pan.
- Add the basil on top of the chicken.
- Five seconds after adding the basil, turn off the heat and your dish is ready to be served.
Calories: 210 Cal | Carbohydrates: 3.2g | Fat: 55g | Protein: 33g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.7g | Trans Fat: – | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 580mg | Dietary Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 7% | Vitamin C: 9% | Calcium: 6% | Iron: 17%