A lot of people want to know the world’s best sugar cookie recipe. Sugar cookie is simply mandatory in every household, especially during the holiday season. Children and adults are all in love with sugar cookies. This is why making this type of cookie should be understood by everyone.
Thankfully, making this snack is not something hard at all. It only takes a few ingredients and several steps. Here is the full explanation about the world’s best sugar cookie recipe, including the recipe for delicious creamy frosting.
For the Sugar Cookies
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
For the Frosting
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2/12 cups icing sugar
- 4 tablespoon evaporated milk
- Food coloring
- Sprinkles and cookies decoration
- To make the world’s best sugar cookie recipe, start by mixing together all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Use a balloon whisker to mix all three ingredients until well-combined. Set aside.
- Into a mixer bowl, combine softened unsalted butter and white granulated sugar. Turn on the mixer and cream the two ingredients together, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- After the mixture of butter and sugar is creamy and thick, add egg and milk. Mix together until well-combined.
- Now, add in the flour mixture followed by sour cream. Mix until everything is fully-combined.
- Sprinkle some flour on a work surface. Place the cookie dough on the surface and shape it into disc shape. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- While the cookie dough is chilling in the fridge, preheat an oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit or 150 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or using parchment paper. Set it aside.
- After 1 hour and the cookie dough is chilled, take it out of the fridge. Remove the wrap and roll out the dough to the thickness of 1/2 inch. Cut the cookie dough with cookie cutter.
- Arrange the cookies to the previously prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. When the cookies are golden brown, take it out of the oven and let it cools down on cooling rack.
- While the cookies are cooling down, make the frosting. Mix unsalted butter, and icing sugar together until creamy and thick. Then, add milk and food coloring.
- Spread the cookies that are completely cooled using the frosting and decorate with sprinkles or other cookie decorations.
- It’s ready!
The sugar cookie can be modified by adding anything into the dough. However, the classic sugar cookie is just plain like that and the creativity can be shown on the frosting. Be as creative as possible when decorating the cookies, and surely the world’s best sugar cookie recipe can be successfully executed.