The best chicken marsala recipe is something many people frequently ask. Chicken marsala is a classic dish where pan-fried chicken breast is served with marsala sauce on the top. The tangy flavor of marsala wine, combined with the flavor of mushroom creates delicious flavor profile that everyone would love.
In order to cook chicken marsala properly, you need to understand the recipe. Here is the full recipe of chicken marsala. This best chicken marsala recipe is going to show you how to properly make and cook the dish. Here it is.
- 1 large boneless chicken breast, butterflied
- 2 cups mushroom, washed and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Parsley, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Place the butterflied chicken breast on a work surface. Cover it with plastic wrap and then pound it. Then, divide the chicken breast into two parts. Set it aside.
- Into a large container, mix together all-purpose flour, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Mix until everything is well-combined.
- Place the chicken breast onto the mixture and make sure both sides of the chicken breast are covered in the flour mixture.
- Heat a skillet and pour in vegetable oil in it. When the oil is hot, fry the chicken breast until golden brown. Drain the excess oil and set it aside.
- Onto the same skillet, add the sliced mushroom and cook until the mushroom is soft. Then, add in marsala wine. Cook until the mushroom absorbs the wine a little bit.
- Next, add in lemon juice, butter, and garlic. Cook until the wine sauce is thickened and creamy. Last but not least, add in the chopped parsley. Mix all ingredients together.
- To serve this best chicken marsala recipe, place the chicken breast on a plate and spoon the marsala sauce on the top of the chicken.
- Serve with pasta or rice. Enjoy.
The chicken marsala dish is best to be served on the top of cooked pasta or the hot rice. However, if you do not like pasta and rice either, you can serve the delicious dish with potatoes. Mashed potato should be the best choice to serve the dish. You can also use potato wedges or baked potato, though.
In addition, the delicious dish is best served hot before the chicken becomes soggy when the sauce is absorbing into it. Make sure you get your creativity going because the recipe is widely open for modifications. Instead of using mushroom, you can use other kinds of vegetables, including broccoli, carrots, or even cauliflower.
Just make sure that the taste of this dish matches your desire and personal preference. It should be a comfort dish where people love to eat and soothe themselves. This is why you need to make the best chicken marsala recipe above according to your liking.