Baked chicken parmesan is perhaps one of the simplest dishes that can impress one’s audience. It tastes absolutely amazing and can fulfill your stomach satisfyingly when paired with any kind of carb. This particular recipe includes pasta in the dish. You can serve it during family meal or even cook some for yourself and saving up later. The following instruction shows how you can make this dish on your own.
- 4 pieces chicken breast (each piece weighs about 8 ounces), divide a breast into to thinner pieces lengthwise
- A cup ready-to-use marinara sauce of your preference
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs, seasoned with your favorite flavoring
- ¾ cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, you can replace it with melted butter
- Additional oil or cooking spray
- 8 servings of cooked pasta to go along with this baked chicken parmesan, you can choose long and thin pasta such as angel hair or spaghetti
- Prepare a baking sheet coated with oil or cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (equal to 230°C).
- Brush the chicken with virgin olive oil or melted butter until fully coated.
- Mixed grated parmesan and seasoned breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
- Coat the chicken with breadcrumb and cheese mixture. The oil should help breadcrumb mixture to stick onto the chicken.
- Arrange chicken on baking sheet then bake for about 25 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven. Spoon a tablespoon marinara sauce on top of each chicken breast then distribute shredded mozzarella on them.
- Bake the chicken for additional 5 minutes until the mozzarella is melted on top.
- Toss cooked pasta in butter and marinara sauce.
- Serve pasta with chicken on top.
This recipe is considered to be the healthier recipe of baked chicken parmesan. Each serving is worth 251 kilocalories. You can always lower this calorie count by choosing to utilize low calorie ingredients. In order to improve the vitamin contents, adding up the vegetables in this recipe. It is a recipe made for 8 people, so you can serve it during dinner event at your house. Keeping the extras as leftovers is also nice.
As you see, this recipe uses a shortcut: prepackaged marinara sauce. The house is readily available in various grocery stores. However, you can easily make homemade marinara sauce that tastes even more delicious than the store-bought ones. The marinara sauce recipes usually request for: canned tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices (oregano, basil, chili flakes, or paprika), and olive oil. The process is pretty simple, you sauté all of the ingredients then cook down the sauce until it is reduced and concentrated. You will not opt for store-bought sauce anymore once you have tried the homemade version.
This dish is perfect for weekday night’s events. It can be prepared with absolutely no fuss. The ingredients are actually pretty simple and straightforward. Most importantly: everyone is able to enjoy the chicken dish, even your little ones. It is a hearty dish that should belong in your cooking repertoire for its delightful simplicity. If you are in a pinch and having to feed several people at once, make this baked chicken parmesan!