If you love take-out Chinese food, you must love to know the beef lo mein recipe. The dish is like staple in every Chinese food restaurant. It is the combination of chewy noodles with delicious beef slices and vegetables.
Instead of spending so much money on buying the dish every single day, try to make one on your own. It is very easy and not as complicated as you think before. Follow this recipe to make sure that you can make the dish successfully. Here is the full beef lo mein recipe for you to read.
- 1 pack of lo mein noodles (8 oz)
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, sliced into stripes
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, sliced into stripes
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 green onions, washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Prepare salted boiling water. Cook lo mein noodle until it is done (follow the instructions on the package). Washed the cooked noodle with cold water, drain, and set it aside.
- Make the seasoning for marinating the steak slices. In a large bowl, combine oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, light soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil. Marinate the steak slices in the mixture for at least 1 hour.
- After an hour, take the steak slices out of the marinating mixture into a plate. Remember that in this beef lo mein recipe, you do not discharge the marinating mixture.
- Prepare a large wok. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil on the wok and heat it up. After that, add in the chopped garlic and grated ginger and stir until the mixture is browned and smelled fragrant.
- Then, add in the vegetables: green bell pepper stripes, red bell pepper stripes, thawed frozen peas, and green onion.
- After the vegetables are cooked, add in the beef. Cook it until the beef is slightly browned.
- Then, add lo mein noodle and the marinating mixture. Cook until everything is covered in the seasoning. Adjust the flavor with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.
The recipe up above is so easy to make and the final result is so delicious. You can easily make it every night and adjust the ingredients according to your liking. You can add chicken or pork instead of beef and using more vegetables, such as carrots and cabbages in there.
The recipe requires you to be creative for sure. You can add whatever you want in the recipe and the result is still going to be delicious as long as the main seasonings remain the same. Follow the beef lo mein recipe above to impress your friends with your cooking skill and to prevent you from spending too much money on take outs.