This mouthwatering best beef stroganoff recipe will be the perfect family dinner. Loved for its tender meat and creamy gravy, no wonder many adore it all across the globe. While it s a classic Russian dish, beef stroganoff can be prepared in many ways. In US, you will commonly find the beef stroganoff containing seared steak strips with sour cream gravy, complete with the mushrooms and onions. It is the easiest version of beef stroganoff that you can make. Well, here’s the recipe.
- Beef round steak, 2 pounds. You can also use ground beef as a substitute
- Butter, 4 tablespoons
- Sliced Mushrooms, 2 cups
- A large Onion
- A pair of garlic clove
- All-purpose flour, 1/4 cup
- Beef broth, 3 cups
- Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons
- Dijon Mustard, 1 teaspoon
- Paprika, 1 teaspoon
- Sour cream, 1/2 cup
- Egg noodles, 10 ounces
- Prepare your steak by cutting it into thin strips. Add the salt and pepper to taste and cover the beef evenly. If you are using ground beef in this best beef stroganoff recipe, you just need to evenly add the salt and pepper.
- Melt only two tablespoons of butter in your large skillet. Use medium-high heat to melt it.
- Add your steak strips (or ground beef) into the skillet and sear it. When you see the steak browned on all sides, remove it from the skillet and set it aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter into the skillet and melt it.
- Once you’ve sliced the onions, mushrooms, and garlic, add them into the skillet with the melted butter. Stir fry it until it’s tender. Remember to not brown the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the all-purpose flour over the vegetables evenly. Stir fry it for one minute on low heat.
- After that pour and whisk the bowl into the skillet slowly. Make sure to whisk thoroughly so the mixture will be combined evenly.
- Simmer the broth mixture on low heat until it thickens.
- Once the texture of the mixture has thickened, add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, paprika, and sour cream. Stir the mixture slowly until the added ingredients are evenly combined with the mixture.
- Now is time to add the beef you’ve cooked and let it simmer on low heat. Leave it for 5 minutes.
- While preparing the beef stroganoff, you should have been cooking the egg noodles. It’s great to serve the finished best beef stroganoff recipe with hot freshly cooked egg noodles.
Using a lean steak for this recipe makes it easier to sear while keeping the tenderness. Ground beef is just as perfect and cheaper if you are on a budget. Also, the thing about searing slices of steak is that you don’t have to worry about it cooking thoroughly. Once you see that it has browned evenly, the steak is most likely already cooked thoroughly. With that creamy beef gravy, this best beef stroganoff recipe also can be served with rice and mashed potatoes if you are out of egg noodles.