If you are looking for the best beef tenderloin recipe, the following recipe is easy to try. Well, the easiest and best way to cook beef tenderloin is actually just sear it first then roast it in oven. It will taste even better if you can get crispy browned in the outside with no drying out of the beef. For more detailed explanation on how to cook beef tenderloin, follow these steps.
- 3 kg of beef tenderloin, trimmed
- ½ cups of unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of canola (you can substitute it with vegetable oil)
- 3 tsp of coarse salt
- 1 ½ tsp of black pepper, freshly cracked
- ½ tsp of Dijon mustard (it is optional)
- To begin the best beef tenderloin recipe, first, slice the tenderloin in half and make 2 smaller roasts. It will be easier for you to roast small portion rather than going with a whole tenderloin. If you opt to untie the roast, you can fold ends up alongside the thicker part of the roast. Then, tie with kitchen twine for about 1 inch apart. Please make sure you make the halves evenly.
- Keep it in refrigerator for about 12 hours. When you take it out, let it sit at the room temperature first before you start roasting.
- Next, prepare your oven and preheat it at 430 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On the other hand, season the beef with pepper and salt. Then, heat the oil in oven at medium high heat. When the oil is hot, you need to sear the roast for about 3 minutes on each of the four sides until it turns brown.
- In a small brown, mix the butter, Dijon, and garlic. Separate the mixture in two plates; use the half for sauce later. If you have remaining garlic butter, slather it on each of the roast.
- Take skillet into the oven and cook it for your liking. Rare goes in 115 – 120 degree Fahrenheit. While medium goes in 130 – 135 degree Fahrenheit.
- After that, take it to a board and let it rest for 15 minutes while you are making the sauce by using the juices.
- Last, slice it into ½ inch and serve with any kind of sauce you want.
For more information of the best beef tenderloin recipe, you also need to know the right way in trimming beef tenderloin. To begin with, trim the silverskin. Run the knife under membrane then slice it off. If you find a fatty chain attached, you need to remove it as well.
Please keep in mind that Dijon mustard is not a must to be added in this recipe. It certainly will make the beef tenderloin has amazing taste. However, if you do not any or if it is too hard to find in your place, just skip it and you will still get delicious and juicy tenderloin from the best beef tenderloin recipe.