Are you looking for the best bruschetta recipe? Well, bruschetta is indeed a perfect snack to enjoy in summer. With its delicious taste, this Italian appetizer is loved by many people. No need to wait for more as you will get what you want in a minute.
- 7 ripe tomatoes
- 1 baguette Italian or French bread
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 7 basil leaves, chopped or sliced thinly. To do it, you can stack the leaves and roll it like a cigar. Next, make thin slices from one end to the other of the basil cigar.
- The first step in this best bruschetta recipe is to wash the tomatoes. On the other hand, prepare a pot and fill it with water. Boil the water. While waiting, make shallow cuts at the tip ends of the tomatoes, make a cross pattern. It will ease you in peeling the tomatoes later.
- When the water is boiling, remove it from the stove and put the tomatoes into the pot. Blanch it for a minute. After that, remove it from the water by using a slotted spoon. Let the tomatoes cool down. After it is cool enough, peel off the tomatoes and cut the stem base.
- Next, divide the tomatoes in halves (or quarters, if half is too big). Squeeze the juices and the seeds.
- Now, preheat your oven at 450 degrees. Put a rack at the top of your oven.
- Chop the tomatoes, and toss it with olive oil, garlic, basil, vinegar, pepper, and salt. Place them in a medium bowl and mix them well.
- Sir the basil. For additional flavor, you can add the ground black pepper and salt. For a note, tomatoes tend to absorb the taste of salt, you may need to give more if you want to make it has stronger taste.
- Toast the baguette in slices by using a breadknife. Slice it on the diagonal with half inch thickness. On each side, brush with olive oil. Brush olive oil for the side down of the roasting pan or baking sheet as well. For more information in this best bruschetta recipe, baguette slices will have the best taste if you toast them in the top rack of an oven, so you may have to work in batches for getting it all toasted. You can start toasting it when the oven has reached 450 degrees.
- Bake it for 5 up to 6 minutes or until the edges turn brown.
- Now, you can serve the toasted bread along with the tomato mixture. Arrange it on a platter as you like.
Every people may have different taste for the serving. Some may choose to separate the toast with tomato mixture. However, the rest choose to pour the mixture on top of the toast. No matter which one you choose, this best bruschetta recipe will work well for those two choices.