What is the best ceviche recipe? Surely, the recipe is so simple, easy to understand and does not take a lot of time to prepare, yet still manage to produce healthy and delicious ceviche. For some of you who may not familiar with it, ceviche is a dish made from raw seafood, originally from around South America. To think of that, how can ceviche be fast prepared, with all kinds of ingredients it has.
Lucky for you here is where your wish comes true. Without taking so long, you can make you dream ceviche by following this simple and easy-to-follow recipe. So, without further ado, here it is.
- Main ingredient, 3 filets of any saltwater/sea fish like halibut or cod
- ¼ dried tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup lemon, juiced
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion
- ¼ cup lime, juiced
- ¼ cup carrot shreds
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- A handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- Optional: tostada shells, chips, guacamole
There will be two types of instructions for this best ceviche recipe because some people like using raw fish but some prefer to cook it first. Here is the first instruction for those who use raw fish.
- Prepare a bowl, put the filets in it. Then add lime juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper for about 20 minutes to 1 hour-long.
- While waiting for the fish to get soaked, ready the vegetables. Prepare another bowl, then put tarragon, carrot shreds, onion, tomatoes, pepper, and cilantro into the bowl.
- When you think the filets is ready, cut it into big-sized dice. After that, put them together into the bowl with vegetables. Mix them well together.
- Insert the bowl into refrigerator until you think it’s enough. The level of freshness is different for every person, so you can serve it when you think it is ready.
Next part of the best ceviche recipe is the second instruction for those who prefer to cook the fish first. Follow these steps.
- Ready the oven and preheat to 400o Prepare a baking dish and coat it with cooking oil. Put the filets on top of it, then sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Wait for it to be broiled enough, opaque throughout and flaky. Usually it will take around 12-15 minutes. After that, set aside.
- Ready the vegetables. Prepare a bowl then throw the tarragon, carrot shreds, onion, tomatoes, pepper, and cilantro into the bowl.
- Cut the fish into big-sized dice. Put into the vegetables then mix them well.
- Insert the dish into refrigerator until its ready to be served.
For personal preference, you can add extra ingredients or mixture like tostada shells, chips and guacamole. This would bring the original taste of Southern America into the dish. But not necessarily has to be like that, any other fresh additions will also be as much enjoyable. After you try this best ceviche recipe, don’t forget to share and enjoy it together with people you love!