Best pancakes recipe is created by hundreds and millions of try and failure. Up to this day, people constantly try to put their pancakes quality up, either by changing the raw material or adding a mixture of extra ingredients. Either way, there is one special type of pancake that’s popular with many people. It is buttermilk pancakes.
Yes, as the name implies, there has to be buttermilk in the ingredients. Buttermilk is delicious, and with just a bit of it, your pancake can grow a lot thicker and larger than before. So, it is not just any typical crusty-thin homemade pancake. Want to know how to make one? Here it is.
- 75 gr melted butter; can be replaced with 1 cup margarine
- 125 ml milk; replace with nonfat dry milk if lactose intolerant
- 375 gr plain flour
- 725 buttermilk; replace with lemon juice if lactose intolerant
- 3 eggs, cracked; can choose to use either eggs white only or both parts
- 3 tsp baking powder; can be replaced with ½ tsp tartar cream or ½ cup sour milk, both mixed with ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ baking soda
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¾ salt
- Prepare a bowl. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine it well.
- Prepare another bowl. Combine eggs, milk, buttermilk, and butter. Mix it well.
- Preheat pan to medium. Put a bit of oil in. When heated enough, pour the two mixtures together into the pan. It is recommended to use a wooden fork to avoid scratch on the pan. Pour them bit by bit and combine together.
- Stir the mixture on the pan with wooden spoon or fork. Try not to over-stir as it may take longer for the pancake to expand.
- Flip it to cook the other side. Brown on both sides and your pancake is ready to land on the plate. The best pancakes recipe has been done!
These best pancakes recipe can make up to 12 servings. The preparation will take about 15 minutes. After making the pancakes, stack up to three or four pancakes on a small plate. Here is where creativity takes a role. Most of the times, people pour honey on top of every stacks. Well, that is personal reference. Here are some ideas that you can try. First of all, the so old-fashioned honey can be replaced by so many delicious ingredients. Try melted chocolate, melted cheese, hot milk, etc. Second, berries are awesome toppings. Throw in some blueberries or any other berries around or on top of your pancakes.
Here is another tip. You can put extra raisins or even the berries into the mixture when stirring them on the pan. That would add some nice textures to the pancakes. Final tip, cinnamon can beautify the look. Don’t hesitate to put them on! Bring out the best version of your pancake. Good luck to try your own version of the best pancakes recipe.