For all chicken lovers, the best chicken enchilada recipe can be good menu to try. Like the other Mexican dish, it will give you great taste with strong flavor. It will become great menu for you and family when you are bored with regular serving. The chicken enchilada will surely raise the apatite and people will love to enjoy the menu. In this recipe, you will find the complete list of ingredients. Just follow the things in the list. Here they are.
- 4 halves of skinless and boneless chicken breast
- 1 jar taco sauce (12 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- ½ cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ pint sour cream
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare your oven. Preheat it up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius
- Prepare a medium non-stick skillet
- By using the medium heat, cook the chicken in the skillet until it no longer shows pink color and the juices are clearer. After that, drain the excess fat coming from the chicken.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and return it to the skillet.
- Add some ingredients, including the onion, cheddar cheese, ground black pepper, oregano, sour cream, parsley.
- Heat the cubed chicken and the other ingredients until the cheese is melted.
- Add the salt, water, green pepper, tomato sauce, garlic, and chili powder as the seasoning for the dish.
- Prepare your tortillas and the mixture.
- Roll the mixtures evenly in the tortillas.
- Once you are done rolling the mixture, prepare a baking dish. Use taco sauce and the ¾ cup cheddar cheese to cover the baking dish. Then, add the tortillas and bake them for around 20 minutes.
- Cool them for around 10 minutes.
- Serve them.
It is important to pay attention to the detail of the best chicken enchilada recipe. In this recipe, it involves some ingredients. All of them have important roles, so you need to make sure those are ready in your cooking table. Then, salt is actually optional because the other seasoning is enough to bring the flavor. However, you are free to add.
Then, in the best chicken enchilada recipe, you will find two cheddar cheeses in different measurement. It is separated since each of them will have its own place in cooking direction. As what you can see in the steps, you will use them in different step. That is why you need to check the details.
In serving the dish, you can have other combinations, such as Mexican salad, guacamole, and margaritas. These three options can make your Mexican menu so perfect. Of course, you need to follow each point in the best chicken enchilada recipe to get the perfect enchilada.