People love chicken salad and they do want to know the best chicken salad recipe. Chicken salad is basically some grilled or poached chicken breasts then cubed and mixed with other ingredients. The dressings are numerous. You can use light, oil-base dressing or you can use creamy dressing.
This recipe down below is the classic chicken salad with grilled chicken and creamy dressing. It has delicious flavor and very savory. This salad can be served as it is, as appetizer, or as side dish. To pull off the greatest chicken salad, here is the best chicken salad recipe for you.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 100 gr parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Prepare a zip lock bag (big enough for all the chicken breasts). Into the bag, mix together minced garlic and olive oil. Add in the chicken breast followed by a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Zip the bag tightly and give it a squeeze until the chicken breasts are all covered with the seasoning mixture. Put the bag in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take out the chicken from the fridge. Prepare a grilling pan and heat it up over medium-high heat until the surface of the pan is very hot.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the surface of the pan and let it heat up for 1 minute. Place the chicken breasts. Cook for 5 minutes on each side until the breasts are cooked through.
- To check its doneness, cut into the thickest part of the chicken breasts. If there is no pink color at all, it is done. Take it out of the pan and let it rest on a chopping board for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, cut the cooked chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Set it aside.
- Prepare a large salad bowl. Into the bowl, mix together the chicken pieces, green onions, parsley, celery, parmesan cheese and walnut.
- This best chicken salad recipe is using creamy dressing. Now let’s make the dressing. Combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice. Whisk all the ingredients together to make thick, creamy dressing.
- Pour in the dressing onto the salad mix. Stir gently to combine the salad together. Give it a taste and adjust the taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
The ingredients of chicken salad above can be modified according to your preferences. You can add lettuce, carrots, corns, or whatever you like into the salad. If you do not like yogurt, you can also substitute it with cream cheese or sour cream. This is truly the best chicken salad recipe, but you are allowed to make any change as much as you want to.