This is the best mac and cheese recipe that will make you want to make it any soon at home. This is an American cuisine that’s usually served for dinner. The main ingredients are macaroni and cheese. Here is the recipe for you.
- 16 ounces cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese
- 1½ cups panko crumbs
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- Salt and pepper
- To begin the best mac and cheese recipe, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the baking dish, just lightly. Prepare a large bowl and combine the shredded cheese.
- Next thing to do is to cook the pasta for only one minute. Remove the heat and place it in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil to drizzle pasta. Stir it to coat pasta. Let it cool down. You can prepare the cheese sauce while waiting it for cooling down.
- It’s time to butter to be melted. You can use stock pot, saucepan, or dutch oven.
- Over medium heat, whisk the flour. Continue to whisk it for one minute. Whisk them until golden and bubbly.
- Now whisk the heavy cream and milk gradually until smooth and nice. You still need to whisk them until bubbles appear. Add another 2 minutes to cook and whisk. Add salt and pepper.
- Add shredded cheese, 2 cups. Whisk it until smooth. Again, add another 2 cups and continue to whisk. Keep it up until smooth and creamy. For your information, good sauce is thick and nice.
- Now pour the cheese sauce into the cooled pasta until they are well combined. Make sure that the pasta is fully coated.
- Prepare the baking dish and pour half of the mac and cheese. On top of it, add 2 cups shredded cheese. Later on, pour the rest of mac and cheese. It hasn’t done yet, but it has seemed to be the best mac and cheese recipe.
- For the last thing, prepare a small bowl. Now combine paprika, melted butter, panko crumbs, and parmesan cheese. This combination can be added on top of the previous mac and cheese.
- Now bake it and wait until it turns out to be golden brown and bubbly. It takes 30 minutes.
Your lasagna is ready to serve. As seen there, adding panko crumbs is only optional. You can add it if you want. If the panko is not easy to find in your area, you are very allowed not to add it.
As seen there, the combination of mac, cheese, and panco is perfect. It is not a surprise if many people make mac and cheese as their favorite menu. Are you on the same boat? The ingredients can be found easily and its instructions are even easier to follow. Yet, this best mac and cheese recipe is worth to try.