- 3 large eggs
- 1cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup of milk
- 2 tbsp of melted butter, you can substitute it with oil as well
- 2 tbsp of sugar, you can add the amount if you desire to have sweet crepes
- ½ tsp of kosher salt
- 2 tbsp of softened butter
Mixing the ingredients with a whisk
- Prepare a jug or a bowl. Pour the milk and eggs there. Whisk them and then add the melted butter or oil.
- On the other hand, you need to prepare a large bowl and add flour, sugar, and salt there. Pour ¾ of liquid (what you just make in the first step) there and mix it gently to make it smooth. However, you need to be careful as over mixing it will affect the result. After that, pour the remaining liquid and mix it. It will come out as a watery batter.
Mixing the ingredients with a blender
- For another option to get the best crepe recipe, you can also mix the ingredients by using a blender, instead of a whisk. If you choose to use blender, you need to add all the ingredients in, while adding the flour as the last ingredient. Blend them until the texture smooth. For the better result, you can use a stick blender.
- When the batter is well-mixed, no matter whether you use a whisk or blender, cover it and let it for about 20 minutes at least. You can also keep this batter in your refrigerator overnight.
- To cook the batter, you need to preheat your pan on medium heat. Brush the layer with butter. Before pouring batter into the pan, you need to mix it and do it every time you are going to cook it. This step is important in the best crepe recipe as it will keep the batter mixed well.
- Then, swirl and spread it along the edge of your pan. The more spread the batter is, the better the result. If you want to enjoy an extra soft crepe, you need to cook only on the surface for about 30 seconds. Make sure that the edge does not get brown. On the opposite, if you want a classic crepe, you can cook the batter until all the edges getting brown (usually about 40 seconds). Flip it and cook the other side for about 10 up to 15 seconds.
- Now, repeat the step until you have no batter left. Do not forget to mix the batter first before pouring it in the pan. Put the crepes you have cooked on a plate.
- Finally, the delicious crepe is ready.
Well, you can enjoy the crepes with any kinds of topping or filling. Hopefully, this best crepe recipe can give you a truly delicious crepe as you desired.