Can someone make the best eggplant recipe without a mixture of flour, wheat or bread crumbs? Yes, they can. In fact, it is so easy! There are many eggplant recipes that don’t have to use flour and other similar ingredients. One of them is the baked eggplant recipe which will be explained below. This recipe is perfect for those people who don’t like flour and bread in their menu.
For mothers, it is also recommended to try this recipe to secretly insert vegetables into the family food menu. The problem of children isn’t want to eat vegetables will certainly be easier to overcome. Without further ado, let’s just try the recipe right away.
- 1 eggplant
- 1/3 Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tomatoes, sliced into thin layers
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper and salt for personal taste
- Prepare the oven, preheat to 400o Fahrenheit or 200o
- Take a baking tray; spray it with cooking oil so the food doesn’t stick to the baking tray.
- Slice eggplant into rounds, thickness about half-inch-thick
- Arrange tomatoes and eggplants on the baking tray, and then spatter olive oil all over the vegetables. Add oregano, black pepper and salt for seasoning; adjust to your personal taste, and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese at the top of the dish.
- Insert the baking tray with the dish into the oven, bake for about 30 minutes until cheese started to look brown-colored.
- Take out from the oven. Baked eggplant is ready to serve.
Best eggplant recipe like this can be easily done with just few ingredients. It is perfect for lunch and dinner because of its low carbohydrate ingredients. Yet it also can serve as breakfast if served together with mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes, corn, or any other carbohydrate-containing foods. After all, it is ridiculously delicious for food made from vegetables. It is because of the parmesan cheese which enriches the taste of the whole dish. Mothers can choose to put fresh meat like beef or bacon as extra protein for their kids.
Here are some suggestions for modification to this best eggplant recipe. Some people like to eat vegetables just the way it is without peeling the vegetables skin first. But if you don’t, you can peel the eggplant first. Also, there are some people who prefer their food not too watery. It makes soggy-feeling to the food. To overcome it, bake eggplant first after it has been sliced for around 3 to 5 minutes. That way, it will not become too watery when the tomatoes are heating up during the baking process. Next tip, put parmesan below the tomatoes. It tastes good.
This baked eggplant is delicious and full of nutrition. This could be a very good solution to overcome difficulties of eating vegetables. In addition, it would be a perfect answer too for those who don’t eat flour-based food. Lastly, be sure to enjoy while making following this best eggplant recipe to make the perfect dish!