With all variants of pizza around the world, it is normal to wonder what the best pizza recipe someone can make. Nowadays, there are lot pizza variants around the world. It started to confuse people with what an authentic pizza should taste like. Everyone knows pizza as authentic Italian food that comes in round-shaped baked dough, topped with cheese and other spices. Does someone have to travel far to Italy to taste what an authentic pizza taste like? It’s probably yes. But, how if we can bring those taste to our own place? Let’s just figure it out with this authentic pizza recipe!
- 1 kg ground floor to make pizza dough. In this best pizza recipe, its highly recommended to use doppio zero flour, as it is the original Italian flour, specific to make pizza dough. However, any other flour will be just fine.
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 25 gr yeast, fresh; or 8 gr dry yeast
- 6 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 600 ml warm water
- Prepare a bowl then add yeast bit by bit along with warm water. Stir until the yeast mixed together. The yeast will be dissolved with water if stirred right.
- Pour the flour onto the table to make mountain-like shape. Then pour the previously stirred yeast together with extra warm water into the center of the flour mound.
- Knead them all together for about 10 to 15 minutes until the dough elastic enough.
- Ready another bowl, coat it with olive oil and put the dough inside the bowl. Turn the dough over to cover its surface with olive oil. Next, cover the bowl and set it aside for at about 4 to 5 hours.
- Ready the oven, preheat to 400o Fahrenheit or 200o
- After 4 to 5 hours, prepare a plastic layer on top of the table, then coat it with a little flour. Take out the dough and put onto the flour-coated layer.
- Get rid of any air-bubbles inside the dough by punching it down! After that, divide it into 2 parts and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- Roll each part into a roundabout measuring about 12 inches.
- Move the dough to a baking tray that has been covered by oil. Coat the top of the doughs with a bit of olive oil.
- Insert the baking tray with the dough into the preheated oven. Wait for about 10 minutes, then spread mozzarella cheese and any other ingredients over the dough.
- Bake until the cheese melts all over the dough and the upper and lower crust is browned.
- Take out the pizza from the oven then spread basil leaves all over it. The best pizza recipe is done!
If you want to make it as authentic as possible, follow the steps exactly. It does not necessarily have to be very exact, because some ingredients might be a little hard to find in several areas. You are free to choose, as long as you follow this best pizza recipe thoroughly.