If you are longing for the soft and delicious taste of a cheesecake, you can try this best New York cheesecake recipe. With ingredients that are easy to find, you can enjoy the melting cheesecake in your mouth. So, do not waste more time and get ready with the following ingredients and instructions.
For the crust
- 5 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Graham cracker crumbs 1½ cups
For the filling
- 32 oz cream cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cups sour cream
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp packed lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- First, preheat the oven at 37 5degrees. Then, wrap 9 or 10 inch spring pan by using one large aluminum foil. Make sure that there is no seam at the bottom part of the pan then spray the inside part of the pan by using nonstick cooking spray.
- Second, you can start making the crust. Take medium bowl and mix the graham crackers, salt, sugar, and melted butter. When it has combined, press the crumbs to even layer at bottom part of your pan. Bake it for about 10 minutes then set it aside.
- On the other hand, reduce your oven temperature to 325 degrees and set a kettle, fill with water and boil it.
- Now, let’s start to make the batter of this best New York cheesecake recipe. Take a bowl and beat the flour, cream cheese, and sugar with electric mixer in medium speed. Do not forget to scrape the bottom to make sure that you combine the mixture evenly.
- After that, you can add the lemon zest, salt, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat them on low speed. Next, add egg one at a time and continue mixing at low speed. After that, mix the sour cream.
- Pour the batter over the crust. Meanwhile, pour the boiling water into the roasting pan. Bake the batter for about 90 up to 105 minutes. Next, remove the roasting pan from oven and let the cheesecake to cool down for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the spring form and discard the foil. To serve it, you can use a serving platter. Slice it with a sharp knife and make sure to clean the knife between every slice. For additional flavor, you can enjoy this cheesecake along with berry sauce.
For a tip of freezing this best New York cheesecake recipe, it is safe up to 3 months. Just place the cake with double warp of aluminum foil. You can place it in heavy duty freezer bag as well. Before planning to enjoy this cake, make sure you thaw it first along the night.
For another tip, you can also make the batter ahead of time. Simply make it and store in the spring form pan. Then close it tightly with plastic wrap. These best New York cheesecake recipe tips can be used for two days ahead.