Having a toddler means you will need the best peanut butter cookie recipe. Kids need delicious snacks that are easy to dress up, and can satisfy their mouth and belly. One cookie that can fill up all those conditions is indeed the peanut butter cookie. Making this cookie is not hard. If you never make any of it, starts grab some of the following ingredients and follow these instructions.
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¾ all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- The first step in this best peanut butter cookie recipe is to preheat your oven at 350 degrees. Then, line two cookie sheets by using silicone baking mats. For other option, you can also use parchment paper.
- Second, mix the peanut butter and butter in a bowl by using stand mixer or hand mixer. Make sure they are well-combined then add sugars. Next, add the egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix them all in medium speed until they are well combined. Last, add the baking soda and salt. Mix them slowly and make sure the batter is smooth. Do not forget to scrape the sides of your bowl when you are mixing the batter.
- After that, scoop 2 tbsp balls of the dough and place it two inches distance each other on the cookie sheets. Next, make a criss-cross pattern on it by using a fork. This way is to flatten the cookies slightly if you have the dough sticks to the fork, you can dip it in the granulated sugar.
- When you have use all the batter, now it is time to bake the cookie. Bake them for about 9 up to 13 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown and it has no glossy top any more. After you take it off from the oven, let it cool on cookie sheet first before you remove them.
- Finally, delicious peanut butter cookies are ready to fill up your belly.
In other sample for the best peanut butter cookie recipe in many sources, you may see that it uses shortening as one of the ingredients. Well, this recipe substitutes shortening with unsalted butter instead. By using it, you can have more light and fluffy peanut butter cookie.
Besides ingredient that can be substituted, you also need to know some that you must not substitute at any condition. The most important ingredient which you cannot substitute with others is peanut butter. This recipe goes with the regular no-stir peanut butter. You can get it easily on the store. If you wished to have extra texture for the cookie, you can use the crunchy one. Last note, another main ingredient in this best peanut butter cookie recipe is brown sugar as this cookie is so full of brown sugar.