Quiche is dish that’s identical to pie for using crust, and there many choices of the best quiche recipe out there. The difference between pie and quiche is that quiche’s main point is using salty ingredients, while pie is using sweet ingredients. Nevertheless, both dishes are delicious if you cook it right. Now, you will be given one quiche recipe that stands out among other recipes.
For bacon and cheese lovers, it might be the best quiche recipe that can be made as it combines the crispiness of bacon and the softness of cheese. Besides, this dish is very easy to make and quick in preparation. It is perfect to eat as a snack or brunch. The recipe’s main ingredients are bacon and cheese. Now, let’s check the complete ingredients to make this recipe along with the steps.
- 4 tablespoons of green onion, chop it in small portion
- 5 eggs (make sure you choose the large egg for the best flavor)
- 1 pound of chopped and cooked bacon
- 2 cups of parmesan cheese, grate it
- 2 cups of Swiss cheese, shred it (you can use cheddar cheese if out of Swiss cheese instead)
- 1 frozen pie crust (use the homemade pie crust, but it will take lot of your time)
- 1 cup of heavy cream (or milk if you do not have heavy cream)
- ½ cup of soft butter
- Salt and pepper as additional ingredients
- You have to preheat the oven up to 375 Fahrenheit. Make sure the temperature is perfect, or it will affect the result of your dish.
- Take our the pie crust and prep it to the 9 inches of metal pie plate because if you use glass pie plate, it will crack due to the oven’s temperature.
- Take out medium-large bowl and mix those eggs with the additional ingredients. Whisk it thoroughly and carefully.
- Layer your bacon, green onion and cheeses in the crust. Make sure you leave no space and layered it neatly. Then, pour the mixture you whisk before into the crust. With this, the bacon and cheeses are inside the mixture.
- As a note, before putting it to the oven, sprinkle the cheeses leftover to the top of mixture to add more flavor to your quiche.
- Bake the crust in 45 minutes until the middle part is set. After that, let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Finally, you have created the best quiche recipe. Cut it to 8 to get the perfect pie-sized quiche.
Well, those are the steps to make the best quiche to eat. It is simple and easy, isn’t it? You can modify this recipe based on your own taste as it is very flexible and easy to modify. If you feel that the dish is delicious, do not forget to share the best quiche recipe to your friends or family, so they can taste the deliciousness that you already tasted.