Knowing the best roast beef recipe ever is indeed like finding a box of treasures, as almost any people could not neglect the delicious taste of the roast. If you are looking for it as well, here is the easy best recipe you can try.
- 3 pounds of rump notes (for the best result, you can choose one of these best roast options: eye round steak, rump roast, bottom round roast, rib roast, round tip roast, tenderloin roast, tri-tip roast, top sirloin roast)
- Kosher salt, as you like (for additional taste)
- 2 tbsp of butter
- A package of dry onion soup
- A cup of beef broth
- First of all, you need to remove the roast from your fridge. Allow it to low the temperature until it reached the room temperature. You may need to wait for about 30-40 minutes. After that, just start to preheat it at 300 degrees.
- Second, trim the glut fat by the roast. You also need to rub all its sides with Kosher salt.
- Prepare the Dutch oven or heavy roasting pan. Set it in over medium heat. Then, melt the butter.
- Add the roast to pan. Sear on all its sides. You may need to let it cooked for about a minute for each side or let it cooked little longer if you desire to have the roast all brown.
- After that, sprinkle the onion soup mix on top of the roast. Next, pour beef broth on top of it as well as within the roasting pan.
- If you have finished, you need to cover the roast in oven. Let it sit until all part is tender (approximately, it takes about 3 hours).
- After that, allow the roast to rest. Let it be for about 10 up to 15 minutes before you start digging it in.
For more information in this best roast beef recipe ever, there are also some tricks which you can do to get the perfect melting roast. The first one that you should never forget is, do not directly cook the roast after taking it out from the refrigerator. Instead, let it sit for some minutes first, so it can be at the same temperature as the room.
Second, use only the right pot or pan. For the best roast beef recipe ever, you need to use heavy duty or Dutch roast pan. Next, you need to sear the meat by using hot oil on all its sides. This step is important as it ensures the delicious juicy of the roast keep locked in. Besides, doing it will also give your roast fantastic color.
Last, the secret of alluring the meat, that’s falling apart, is actually doing it at low temperature with low speed. Simmering in this way will give the meat a tender texture. Therefore, please take a note of this trick, and do it if you want to get the successful best roast beef recipe ever.