Practicing the best taco recipe is not a difficult thing to do. In fact, this delicious food comes in handy preparation. Before applying the recipe, it is better to talk about this dish first in a brief. Well, taco is very popular Mexican dish. In its home country, taco has existed since 500 years ago, and still survives today. Even, it can be said that taco is one of very famous Mexican dishes, like burritos and quesadilla.
For your information, this dish uses tortilla bread of shell to wrap a variety of meat fillings, vegetables and special sauce. Well, if you are planning to make one, here is the best recipe in making delicious tacos to fill your belly.
- 1 pound of ground beef, make sure it is 70 – 80% lean
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- ¾ tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of dried oregano
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ cup of tomato sauce
- Tacos shells, as many as you like
- Veggies, based on your preferences, slice it
- First, you can start it by preparing the seasoning. Mix all seasoning ingredients. Always remember that a delicious taco requires lower salt. This way, the spices will pop more.
- Second, cook the beef wholly. It is important to use meat which is 70 – 80% lean. It is because the fat will give additional flavor for the meat. On the other hand, you can also save the drain grease for other serving. If you have drained the grease, add tomato sauce as well as the seasonings.
- Next, let it simmer for about 5 minutes in the lower heat. For the filling, you can add some of your favorite veggies.
- Now, get your tacos shell and stuff the meat.
This best taco recipe uses instant spices powder. However, it is also fine if you opt to go with the homemade spices. The ingredients needed are just the same. If you desired a hot taco, you might just need toad crushed red pepper as you like. This spice can give a long hot sensation, yet still bring a strong taste.
In addition, one thing that you should note in this best taco recipe is tomato sauce. No matter what kind of meat or filling you have, please remember to always add tomato sauce as it can help the spices stick to your meat. If you previously use water, you can substitute and never use it again. Compared to water, using tomato sauce will give you richer flavor with more delicious taste as well.
Last, you need to pay attention to your filling. If you are using slow cooker in this recipe, you need to make the filling in the morning or the day before. However, remember not to do this trick if you are using guacamole. It will turn brown and makes this best taco recipe fail.