Well, one of the most wanted secret recipes of cooking fish is indeed the best tilapia recipe. Tilapia is a freshwater fish. It sits in the fourth rank of the most consumed fish in USA. Many people loved this fish due to its low price. Moreover, it has mild taste and easy preparation. Well, below is one of the easy recipes you can try.
- 4 – 6 tilapia fillets
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp of black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices
- Salt, as you like
- First, wash the tilapia then pat them to dry. After that, take a baking tray and arrange the tilapia there.
- Second, take a bowl and mix lemon juice, garlic, butter, salt, red chili powder, and black pepper there. If you like tangy taste, add the amount of lemon juice. When it is mixed well, pour it over the tilapia.
- Between the tilapia fillets, arrange the lemon slices.
- Now, you can start to preheat your oven in `80 degrees Celsius (or 350 degree Fahrenheit). Bake it for about 15 up to 20 minutes. Make sure you are not overcooking it as it will be so dry and a little chewy.
- When it is done, use the fresh parsley as the garnish.
- Enjoy this tilapia while it is still hot. Tilapia is a great dish as an appetizer. You can serve it with steamed rice and add some sautéed vegetables.
As a note, to make this best tilapia recipe works perfectly, you need to do the following tips. First, just make sure the fillets are perfectly dry after you wash it. You can tap it with kitchen towel. If you want to enjoy baked tilapia in foil, add some sauce over the top of it. Then, pop the foil pockets for about 15 up to 20 minutes. To make sure the fish is cooked from all the sides, you need to flip it once midway. This way of cooking will be very suitable for outdoor occasions.
Second, this best tilapia recipe can be cooked with many combinations of spices. For example, when you need to use butter but do not have any of it, you can substitute it with olive oil or coconut oil. Using these two ingredients might be slightly different, but do not worry as it will be delicious as well. The plus point in using those oils is that you will get a very healthy dish.
As this tilapia recipe will get you very delicious dish in simple preparation, you can make more serving with this recipe ratio. If you make too many dishes from the best tilapia recipe and want to keep it for the next meal, you need to reheat it in the oven for about 5 up to 20 minutes at 200 degrees Fahrenheit.