If you are looking for one of many great meals for the morning, try this breakfast burrito recipe. With fresh vegetables, crisp tortillas, and delicious salsa, you can make a wonderful bite before starting your day. The following recipe only requires 25 minute of preparation, and it is for 4 servings. Here are the ingredients needed and the steps to make the delicious burritos.
For avocado tomato salsa
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ½ cup seeded tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 4 large eggs
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- ½ lb spicy sausage
- 1 1/3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- For the first step in this breakfast burrito recipe, make the avocado tomato salsa. Take a medium bowl and mix all the ingredients. Set it aside.
- Secondly, take another medium bowl and whisk white eggs, salt, and smoked paprika. Set it aside.
- Then, heat a large pan at medium high heat. Add sausage and stir it until it gets brown (around 4 to 5 minutes). Transfer it to a plate. Reduce the heat then add eggs. Scramble it and make sure it is well cooked. Transfer it to a plate and clean the pan.
- Now, let’s assemble the burritos. Take the avocado tomato salsa and spoon ¼ cup of it to each tortilla. Take a quarter of the sausage as well, followed by a quarter of the scrambled egg and 1/3 cup of cheese. Then fold the tortilla’s sides and roll it. Do not forget to tuck in the edge.
- Next, take the pan and coat it. Set it to medium heat. Add the burritos and seam it. Cook it for about 3 minutes, until the bottom turns golden brown. Do not forget to flip it and make the other side turns golden brown as well.
- Finally, serve it while it is warm and enjoy every bite.
For additional information, you can assemble the burritos ahead of time. Just make sure to wrap it tightly and keep it refrigerated before cooking it. If 4 serving as used in this breakfast burrito recipe is too much, you can keep the leftover. Just wrap it by using foil and warm it in 350 degrees of Fahrenheit in an oven for approximately 15 minutes. Reheating the burritos may make them not as crisp as before. However, it is better than just throwing it when you can eat all at once.
The avocado tomato salsa used in this recipe is spicy, so if you are making this burrito recipe for kids, you might need to reduce the jalapeno pepper. As alternative, just skip this ingredient. The jalapeno pepper is the one that makes this breakfast burrito recipe tastes hot and spicy.