If you are a big fan of soup, you need to try making chicken rice soup. This soup has creamy texture and loaded with rice and chicken. Besides delicious, this soup is also nutritious as it has enough carbohydrate, protein, and even vitamin to fulfill your daily need. For more, the ingredients used in this soup are simple and it is not hard to make it. Let’s get it done.
- 3 large carrots, peeled then diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Let’s begin making this chicken rice soup First, prepare a large soup pot. Heat it at medium high heat. Add carrots, onion, and celery. Cook and stir them for about 3 up to 4 minutes. Make sure the onion turns golden.
- Next, add garlic, thyme, and parsley. Cook them for 1 minute. Then add pepper, salt, chicken, and chicken broth. For the following ingredients, add the rice. Stir them well and bring them to boil at medium high heat.
- After it is boiling, reduce the heat to medium low. Cover it and continue cooking for about 30 minutes. Make sure to stir it every 10 minutes to make all the vegetables tender.
- Then, remove the chicken from the pot and shred it. Add it back to the pot along with the evaporated milk.
- Now, delicious chicken rice soup is ready to be enjoyed.
Well, the ingredients in this chicken rice soup recipe are not hard to find. Actually, you can make this dish from leftover as well. Whether it is the leftover chicken or rice, both of them do not matter. If you want to use chicken leftover, just swap it. There is no additional way of cooking for the chicken. It goes the same for the rice.
For another option, you can also add more vegetables in this soup. Just slice and dice any vegetable you like and it will be even more perfect for your body. Or else, you can also use brown rice instead of white rice. As you can see, brown rice has more fiber than the white rice. Therefore, using brown rice will give you more benefits, and of course it can make you feel full longer than when you are eating the white rice.
If you are going to freeze this soup, you may need to use special ingredient to bring the creamy texture. It is suggested to use the whole milk or cream. Those ingredients perform better when they are thawed, unlike when you are using fat milk or regular evaporated milk. These two types of milk does not comes out well when the chicken rice soup is refrigerated.