Chicken and rice soup is a comfort food that everybody loves. It is soft, warm, and delicious. The dish is just perfect to have when the weather is cold outside. Besides very comforting, the dish is also capable to fill you up and make you feel less hungry for even longer.
Do you want to make the dish? If you do but have no idea how to make one, here is the full recipe for you. The recipe of chicken and rice soup down below is not the classic one, but still has the same level of comfort you will get every time you eat the dish. Here is the recipe.
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts, deboned
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked rice, washed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1 /2 cup frozen pea, thawed
- 100 gr white mushroom, washed and sliced
- ½ cup cooking cream
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leave
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken breasts (both sides). Pan seared the chicken breasts on a large pot with 1 tablespoon of butter until the chicken breast is nicely down and cooked through.
- Slice the cooked chicken breast and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add in the remaining of the butter. Once the butter is melted, add in minced garlic and chopped onion. Cook for a couple of minutes until they are softened, translucent, and smell fragrant.
- Then, add in the diced carrots, celery, and mushroom. Cook them through until they are soft as well.
- Once the vegetables are all softened, pour in the chicken stock. Bring it to a boil. After that, add in the uncooked rice. Close the pot with a lid and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes until the rice is cooked. Stir occasionally every a couple of minutes.
- Next, pour in the cooking cream. Stir well until everything is well combined. Season the soup with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- After the taste is right, add in the cooked chicken breasts that you have sliced earlier. Stir them well to mix them into the soup evenly.
- Last but not least, add in the frozen pea. Cook for another 2 minutes to soften the peas.
- Transfer the chicken and rice soup in a serving bowl and garnish with dried parsley.
- Serve piping hot.
The recipe up above is just easy to make. Basically, everyone can cook it. The ingredients are also very easy to get. If you are managed to follow the recipe properly, there will be a bowl of steaming hot chicken and rice soup in your hand, ready to warm you out on a cold day.