Celebrating Thanksgiving will be more fulfilling with broccoli casserole recipe. In fact, this dish is every holiday’s signature dish. Many people love it despite it is full of vegetables. It can also be served for the main vegetable dish as well as a side dish. However, is it possible to cook it in the best way possible to produce the best taste? Well, practice makes perfect, right? That is why here listed the recipe you need to make this delicious and healthy broccoli casserole. So, without taking so much time, let’s jump right away to the recipe.
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 can of any cream vegetable soup (mushroom is preferable)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 10 ounces fresh broccoli, chopped
- Pepper and salt for adding personal taste
Before you follow the cooking instruction for broccoli casserole recipe, please make sure that your ingredients are prepared. That way, the cooking would take much less time. Anyway, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Ready the oven and preheat it to 350o Fahrenheit or 175o Prepare a baking dish, polish slight butter onto it.
- Put onions, egg, condensed soup and whisk into a bowl, then mix them well.
- Prepare a large mixing bowl then put the broccoli into it. It is recommended to use a huge stainless mixing bowl. After that, pour the previously mixed soup and mayonnaise all over the broccoli. Mix them once again.
- Take the prepared baking dish and spread the mixture onto it. Smooth the top and sprinkle pepper and salt according to your preference.
- Put it into the oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Your broccoli casserole is ready to be served.
There are several tips to make your practice with broccoli casserole recipe be more variant and challenging. Here are some tips for those who just love to experience with cooking. First of all, bread crumbs and butter mixture can make it crunchier if spread on top of the casserole before it is going to be baked. Second, try using frozen broccoli. That way, the broccoli would be a lot fresher when it comes out from the oven. Third, some people are saying that the dish is best when cooled for at least 15-30 minutes before it is served.
Other tips to make this even more fabulous are using a lot of cheese. Who doesn’t love cheese? Try double or triple up the cheese. You can also sprinkle shredded cheese as the casserole’s topping. That would really spoil every person’s tongue. Also, more option for the topping is fresh mushrooms and cheese crackers. To make the color appearance much tempting, you can use a few slices of fresh tomatoes on it.
This recipe is a must try for people who are just craving for delicious vegetable meals. Aside from its healthy and delicious taste, it is very easy to make. Broccoli casserole recipe is perfect for holiday events that require fast cooking.