Are you looking for the best brussel sprout recipe? Well, Brussels sprouts taste amazingly delicious when it is roasted. Whether it is for dinner or just for snack, Brussels sprouts can give an unforgettable taste for the tongue. If you are interested to make it at home, you can follow this easy recipe.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprout
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- To begin making this brussel sprout recipe, the first step is preheating the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Secondly, trim the Brussels sprout and halve it. Then place it a large bowl.
- Third, flip the Brussels sprout with olive oil, pepper, and salt. Make sure it is spread evenly. After that, spread the Brussels sprouts in a sheet pan. Do not forget to cut the side down.
- Now, let’s roast for about 25 up to 30 minutes. It actually depends on the size of Brussels sprouts used. The bigger the size is, the longer it may take to get cooked well. Continue cooking until the Brussels sprouts are tender and the color turns brown.
- Make sure that they are also caramelized at the edges and bottom. If they are not getting brown at the bottom, put them on the oven floor and cook it again for about 2until 3 minutes. Keep your eye to make sure that the Brussels sprouts are not burned.
- Last, take it off the oven and enjoy it while it is still warm.
One important key for this brussel sprout recipe to be successful is to get the Brussels sprout caramelized on the edges and turned golden brown. However, you need to make sure the middle part is still tender. Some people might choose to roast the Brussels sprouts for a long time to make it turns golden brown. Actually, it is not a good choice as it will dry the Brussels sprout.
For the tips, you can set the Brussels sprout cooking position for maximizing the browning. Place it correctly to make sure all sides are cooked perfectly. For more, you can also maximize the browning from preparation. Well, toss all the ingredients in a big bowl and do not try to do it on a sheet pan. By using a big mixing bowl, you can disperse the oil more evenly. Thus, it will help the Brussels sprout to get brown evenly. When spreading the Brussels sprout into sheet pan, the cut side should be facing down.
When roasting, make sure there is a space between the Brussels sprout. Moreover, do not roast them by piling one and another, they are should be in a single layer. It will enable you to get the Brussels sprout brown evenly. Slowly, the Brussels sprouts will turn golden at the outside. To make sure all the edges get the same color, flip it a few over. By following these tips, you will successfully have tender and crisp result from this brussel sprout recipe.