Make this easy cast iron patty melt for your party or kids are never easy as this recipe. This is a perfect dish when you held a backyard party. Some people are considering adding sauce to their patty and for my preference; the sauce is the best part to add taste to your burger bites.
Why use iron cast, not grill?
The best favorite thing when cook patty in cast iron is it gives your patty burger with the authentic grill flavor. There is no other skillet can beat this cast iron for burger patty flavor.
Easy ways to cook cast iron patty melt recipe
It is very easy to make and need a brief time to make this dish. You just need to prepare already patty burger pack, bread, cheese, butter, and other ingredients. The first step is to sprinkle the patty with herbs and spices, and then grill it into cast iron skillet. When it cooked, grill the bread into cast iron until it gets turned brown. Fill the burger with cheese, patty, and if you like, you can modify to add vegetables especially if you cook this for your kids. Next, put the remaining bread to the burger and cook till it turning to brown golden color.
The benefit of cooking with cast iron
The iron cast skillet is one of the best cooking ware you buy for your kitchen. There are many benefits you can get when you buy and cook with cast iron.
- It is non-stick naturally. You can find non-stick pans Teflon recently but it is not good for health in the long term.
- Easy cleaning. Cast iron releases the food remaining in easily. Once you’re your food is ready to serve, empty the pan. When the pan still in heat, take to sink and use running water, it will scrape any food in the pan.
- It is cheap. The cast iron perhaps the most inexpensive cookware with $25 you can get new 10 inches cast iron.
- It is almost indestructible. Cast iron has the durability that can last for a decade. Compared with other cookware, the cast iron will improve with age. When the cast uses each time, the surface will become smoother, allow cooking oil seeping to surface and enhance the seasoning continually.
- Even cooking heat. The cast iron is known well with the weight and hefty character that make the iron able to cook the ingredients well.
How to cook burger patty in iron cast
When you cook your burger patty, there is something you need to note.
- Before start cooking with iron skillet cast, ensure the skilled has been seasoned.
- Never cook with your cast iron skillet with something that acidic and smell. Fish, vinegar or wine is things that you should not cook with iron cast skillet. The acidic ingredients will react with iron and result in metallic flavor in your cooking.
- Be patient when you cook meat in iron cast skillet.
- Always clean with gentle after cook with iron cast skillet
Cast iron patty melt cooking recipe
One thing that best when you cook patty with iron cast skillet is how the patty juicy. Forget the dried patties such as you grill patty on grill or oven. The fat from patty will drip and flavors the patty inside. The fat also prevents the patty burned.
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large sweet onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1/3 mayonnaise cup
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- ½ teaspoon of yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 steak burger
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
Use large iron cast skillet to melt 2 tablespoon butter with heat temperature in low-medium level. Add onions and cook until it turns into golden color and soften around 30 minutes and stir occasionally to prevent it burning.
Make sauce that made from combination ingredients garlic powder, mustard, black pepper, ketchup, and mayonnaise. Set aside.
Heat the large iron cast skillet with medium-high level. Add 2 tablespoons butter for cooking the burger patties and follow the instructions of the package.
Assemble the sandwich all of them and spread the sauce into one side from 8 bread slices. Put the onions into 4 slices of bread. Layer next with a burger patty, one slice cheese and then cover with the last layer of bread.
Put 2 tablespoon butter into the skillet and set with medium-low heat temperature. Swirl the butter to coat the pan with the melted butter. Put the assembled burger sandwich into cast iron and wait for it until the bread turns into golden brown.
When the bread color turns into golden brown, flip the bread and add another butter to melt in a cast iron skillet. Put the sandwiches over the melted butter and cook the burgers into golden brown.